• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Pedestal Mount Rocker Arm Parts

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I cannot for the life of me find any replacement parts for a set of Crane roller rockers I have - pedestal mount. They're missing a couple pedestals, a few "bolts", and a guide plate (even required?, or are those only shims?)

Half tempted to buy a new set of 1.71:1 (Christmas has me broke though), but wanted to see if anyone knew where I could find these little parts.. Maybe someone has a set of 5/16" pedestal mount roller rockers they want to get rid of?

Thanks,
Pete

COPPERHEAD85

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
by bolts do you mean screw in studs,or are you talking about the press in studs that are from ford?

i still have a set of comp cams roller tip,havent had time to ebay them.

baddad457

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Pedestal mounts have 5/16" bolts. Have you tried talking to Crane?

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Have you tried talking to Crane?
I've thought about it, but I figured they would more than likely tell me to buy a new set.. Mainly just been trying to hunt down the part numbers and parts specifically by name, but oddly enough, can't seem to find anything.

I'll try Crane and see what they have to say..

COPPERHEAD,
I was refering to the screw in studs. Someone had suggested that I get them from a hardware store, but I opted not to. Better get the right ones and not risk snapping one in the head..

If the COMP roller tips are 5/16 pedestal mount, and you want to get rid of them, I may be getting a hold of you soon.. :icon_thumby:

Thanks,
Pete

COPPERHEAD85

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
jegs or summit has the studs and guide plates.
i think these are 3/8 rockers ill check,there in a bucket of oil in the shop,got less than 5 hours run time on them.

$50 plus shipping and there yours my friend.

wade

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
If not thru Summit or JEGs, does Fort Wayne have a local speed shop?

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
If not thru Summit or JEGs, does Fort Wayne have a local speed shop?
Thanks for the replies everyone.

I was getting a little worried as I had not heard back from Crane, but just got a response.

They are willing to supply me with the bolts and the pedestals.

The guide plates must be purchased through a Ford dealer.

The part number for the pedestals is 36758PS-16.
The bolt part number is 36758BT.

COPPERHEAD85,
Is the guide plate conversion pretty strong, I had seen it and sort of wondered about it. It said "not for competion use", however, that is true in my case.. Just running a B303 camshaft.

Wade,
I am sure we do have a speed shop, I knew of one close by my house, but I am not sure if it's open anymore. I might still try to find one to avoid shipping costs now that I have part numbers :).

Thanks,
Pete

Foxracin

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
No need to run guide plates on pedestal mount rockers. What your probably looking at are the shims. Probably wont hurt to get a shim kit for when you go to adjust them to get the right preload. The stud conversion kit is a waste of money. It will not be any stronger then pedestal mount cause the bolt going into the head is still 5/16. If you already had pedestal mount rockers run them. For the stud conversion you will have to buy the kit and new rockers.

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
No need to run guide plates on pedestal mount rockers. What your probably looking at are the shims. Probably wont hurt to get a shim kit for when you go to adjust them to get the right preload. The stud conversion kit is a waste of money. It will not be any stronger then pedestal mount cause the bolt going into the head is still 5/16. If you already had pedestal mount rockers run them. For the stud conversion you will have to buy the kit and new rockers.
I think I am just using the wrong terminology for the 'guide plate.'

This guy has it listed as a shim rail:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/86-93-Ford-Mustang-Rocker-Arm-Guide-Plate-Shim-Rail-302_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116QQitemZ170186070312QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

For $7.00 for shipping, this guy has gotta be out of his mind. Does anyone know the technical name for that particular piece?

+1 on the shims, already on it :). I read the procedure for setting them before I decided to use them. Looks like it's going to take some time, but it's really not that big of a deal.

And yes, the pedestal mount 1.6:1 is what I already had. I was getting ready to just buy a whole new set of 1.7:1 for $200. The conversion + 50 for rockers was about $160. Should be about $50 all said and done to use what I have.

Pete

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Pete,
The correct name for them in the pictures is "Rocker Arm Fulcrum Guide", right from the Explorer shop manual. They keep the rocker arm seats (that's probably what you are calling the pedistal, fits thru the rocker arm) from rotating. $7 S & H from Illinois? Must take him a lot of time to pack them.
Dave

Foxracin

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ahhh I see what you looking for now. Do the heads you have still have the stock rocker arms on them? If so they will have them on there. If you have as et of e7 heads or anything laying around they all have them and there the same.

COPPERHEAD85

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i also see what your talking about now pete.totally diff. than screw in studs and guide plates.
i dont know about the size of the stud in the heads your using but mine are 7/16 that screw in the head to 3/8 for the rocker.they are 289 closed chamber heads.iam running crane full rollers on these heads.
the comp roller tip rockers i have are also for 3/8 stud.they were on the 351 heads i was using before.

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Ahhh I see what you looking for now. Do the heads you have still have the stock rocker arms on them? If so they will have them on there. If you have as et of e7 heads or anything laying around they all have them and there the same.
I bought the heads with the roller rockers already on them. One bolt was busted, which the shop was able to extract. He was running them on a 351W with a high lift cam (doh!). The heads were missing the plate and 2 pedestal when I got them. But I do have all 16 rocker arms..

I had a set of E6SEs that were originally there, but I gave away most of my old parts to a friend that runs a shop here locally to get them out of my garage. My fault there. :)

i also see what your talking about now pete.totally diff. than screw in studs and guide plates.
i dont know about the size of the stud in the heads your using but mine are 7/16 that screw in the head to 3/8 for the rocker.they are 289 closed chamber heads.iam running crane full rollers on these heads.
the comp roller tip rockers i have are also for 3/8 stud.they were on the 351 heads i was using before.
I would have loved to have gone stud mount for sure, and might some time later in the future with different heads. I figured that what I had would be reliable enough with the B303 cam I am running. Just didn't want to pay to have the shop re-tap to 7/16 and have to buy all new hardware..

Pete

COPPERHEAD85

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals