• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

PC I am building....

fleck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The last 4 systems I've built have used ECS boards, including my last system and current system. If you're not looking for all the features in the world they are great boards for the price. Never had one DOA or die/fry on me.

ASUS still makes some of the best boards and the new bad boy in town for quality and price is 'ASrock' which was founded by former ASUS engineers. ASrock will be the manufacturer I'm going with for my upcoming build.

Last edited:

mjonesjr

I dance with the Devil...
Firefighter
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I really like my XFX board. It has worked without any problems.

I am getting ready to upgrade some parts in the system. I am going to give Newegg another try.

- Case:
COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Full Tower
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119160

- RAIDMAX RX-700SS 700W Moduler
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817152030

- XFX PVT96OZDFU GeForce 9600 GSO 1GB Video Card
**This thing comes with COD 4 & COD5!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150340

mjonesjr

Firefighter
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Here she is built. I love this thing. I am pissed however, one of my 500GB hard drives died on me so I am going to have to buy a new one before I can seup RAID again. Hopefully I will have one tomorrow.

Last edited:

fleck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That Asus cooler is F**ing INSANE. You might as well have gotten a water block & kit.

fleck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That's ridiculous. I remember my first big ass heatsink and fan that I used on my Celeron 366@550 and it would be the average size now. I was at CompUSA and I saw those monster heatsinks that Thermaltake is putting out these days, I would never put something like that in my system.

mjonesjr

Firefighter
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I want to keep mine cool. I like the side cooler of the V10 that will keep the RAM cool. The V8 is $59.99, I haven't seen the V10 for sale anywhere since it was just released yesterday.

I have heard that someone is coming out that uses nitrogen or c02 to cool with. I might look into that, but I don't want water.

Last edited:

fleck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Newegg has the V10 for $140 FYI

mjonesjr

Firefighter
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
yea I saw on there a minute ago. It is nice, but I will probably stick with the V8 for that price. Or I might just upgrade the fan in my ASUS CPU fan.

Jaymz9350

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Transmission
Manual
yea I saw on there a minute ago. It is nice, but I will probably stick with the V8 for that price. Or I might just upgrade the fan in my ASUS CPU fan.
If you go to upgrade the fan I'd look at some yate loons. they can be found cheap at petrastechshop.com and come in low med and high speeds. they have higher static pressure than most 120x25mm fans (assuming this is what your heatsink uses) which helps with moving air through the fins.

I use 2 of the high speeds on my heatsink but have them on a speed controller as they are fairly noisy.

mjonesjr

Firefighter
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for the heads up. I am going to order a fan controller tomorrow for my 6 fans.

Jaymz9350

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the heads up. I am going to order a fan controller tomorrow for my 6 fans.
yeah my fan controller was one of the best investments i've made. There's a total of 9 120mm fans in my case and at full blast they are pretty loud. run them at 5v most of the time and they are almost silent. bump them up to about 7v for gaming and 12v for all out stressing.

addiman09

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
2.3 Liter DOHC 5spd
Transmission
Manual
Bump RAM up to 3GB GDDR3 and make it a 8800 or better or you will be obselete in 3 months.

mjonesjr

Firefighter
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Bump RAM up to 3GB GDDR3 and make it a 8800 or better or you will be obselete in 3 months.
Obsolete in 3 months, doubtful. DDR3 hasn't fully taken off yet as majority of motherboards on the market are not capable of handling DDR3.

I just ordered a pair of 2GB 1066MHz RAM (4GB total) for my machine. I am going to be upgrading to a AMD Phenom II X4 3.0 GHz real soon.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals