• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Pay Day!!

getrdone52

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 V8
Transmission
Automatic
Went to the scrap yard today with about 10 radiators, 6 aluminum wheels, a couple steel wheels, like a dozen hoods, a dozen fenders, 15 steel bumpers and 3 trash bags full of cans. Took one full load in the ranger and 2 full loads in the 2500 long bed Chevy. My truck was full of only aluminum and the Chevy was other medals. But we got $345! Its being split 3 ways so I get maybe $100 but still good for just taking it to the yard!

Loaded Ranger

Loaded Chevy and still some to the right

At the yard

jhammel85

You've got a good looking truck!

I've been meaning to scrap some stuff I have sitting around too. I might have to do that soon...

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I just cleared out the garage two weeks ago, brought back about $100. All I had was dirty steel though.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
My buddy has about 3 of these worth of scrap transmission/transaxle/differential metal. This is a b&*ch to push around.

So, what prices are high right now?

He was hitting me up about helping him move this out of his shop. He's also got about 100 cores he needs stripped down, and the bad scrapped.

Last edited:

AngryLepercon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Don't have any pics but my biggest payday from scrap was $1300. Mix of brass, copper, and an electric motor. Only 5 pieces had the rangers rear bumper draggin the ground.

Might be able to find the ticket for it though.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
Do they accept rusty/rotted metal? I have an old 12 foot farm style gate I want to get rid of.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
My biggest payday was a little over $5500, split (Based on seniority) between 3 of us in the shop. I got $2000.

It was 2 - 40 yard³ containers full of forklifts and misc steel collected over 1 year. :D

getrdone52

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 V8
Transmission
Automatic
You've got a good looking truck!

I've been meaning to scrap some stuff I have sitting around too. I might have to do that soon...
Thanks! The boss would have got a ticket from the city if it wasn't cleaned up so he asked me and a friend to do it.

I just cleared out the garage two weeks ago, brought back about $100. All I had was dirty steel though.
I tried to clean up some of the radiators but it wasn't really worth the 10 cents to do all of them

My buddy has about 3 of these worth of scrap transmission/transaxle/differential metal. This is a b&*ch to push around.

So, what prices are high right now?

He was hitting me up about helping him move this out of his shop. He's also got about 100 cores he needs stripped down, and the bad scrapped.
All of these prices are if they are clean. Alum bumpers if all alum are worth about 58 cents, the alum cans are 55 cents, the radiators if cop/brass $1.90 if all alum then 55 cents.

Don't have any pics but my biggest payday from scrap was $1300. Mix of brass, copper, and an electric motor. Only 5 pieces had the rangers rear bumper draggin the ground.

Might be able to find the ticket for it though.
Nice!

Do they accept rusty/rotted metal? I have an old 12 foot farm style gate I want to get rid of.
I'm not sure. It seems like they would because they just melt everything down and re use it.

My biggest payday was a little over $5500, split (Based on seniority) between 3 of us in the shop. I got $2000.

It was 2 - 40 yard³ containers full of forklifts and misc steel collected over 1 year. :D
:shok: Wow. That's a good bonus.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Wow, bonus...most I ever got was about $100...but I have made a few of those in one day...my truck will only haul 700 lbs and that's really pushing the little 4 banger...

Eh? That's a perfectly good ladder rack right there...I'm actually using an old farm gate to keep my ladders off the roof of the cab...:yahoo:

But steel is down in Canada right now...$155 a ton...copper and aluminum are still high...

Platinum is through the roof @ $1,500 an ounce...clean out those cats and take the platinum in by itself...a good cat sized cat only gets you about $100 max...but if you collect the platinum big bucks...

There may be some radioactivity in them...so check safe handling before proceeding...when I think about those guys who gut their cats to hollow them out I wonder what they do with the innards...

robertc1024

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nada
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I think our machine shop makes more $$ on scrap tunsten carbide tooling inserts. That stuff is really pricey.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Cook'em.......

oh wrong cat.....
Haha...sorry, can't rep you yet...but I know a few women who would hunt you down and toast your nuts for you for saying such a thing...lol

AngryLepercon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Haha...sorry, can't rep you yet...but I know a few women who would hunt you down and toast your nuts for you for saying such a thing...lol

Well maybe their cat needs some lovin. Damn im rude.

det107

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The lowest amount of cash I got was $3.00 for 300pds back in Oct., 2008. The economy sure sucked back then-

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Three bucks for 300 lbs? That's crazy...

I did have one place try to tell me the load was free because there was wood mixed in with it...I said no way...went out and was about to put it back on my truck and take it somewhere else but they offered me $25 for it after all...

It was an old hay wagon with wooden axels that I didn't bother to separate...but that was when I first started out...didn't realize how picky they were...lol

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals