• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Passenger door handle inside broken

will.moyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
My passenger door wont open from the inside but will open from the outside im pretty sure its the spring but i was wondering if there was a quick fix for it or if i need a new hand or latch arm if somebody could help me please!

richard booth

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 for now.
Transmission
Manual
Yea easy fix, need to do a junkyard run and get a good handle with a good tight spring, but most likely the plastic part failed that connects the handle to the latch linkage (as the spring only returns the handle). You will need to pull of the arm rest, window crank, the cup for the broken handle and carefully pop off the door panel revealing the latch handle. One screw and then the handle moves to the opening and you turn it to slide off the metal linkage. reverse to install the newer one and you're good

Tedybear

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994, 2001
Make / Model
1994 Ford Bronc
Engine Size
5.8v8
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Failing is easy. Everyone can do it.
Pull the handle and check the roll pin that acts as the pivot. Mine has done this several times and I finally picked up a spare handle.

The pin wears out and eventually slips down and out of the plastic, and then the "action" starts tilting just enough for the plastic gears to do nothing but slip when you pull the handle. The fix for mine? Force the handle (it's actually pretty easy) back to its own normal position, and drive the roll pin back up into the housing. Takes a few tries if you've never done it before.

Otherwise a replacement handle runs around $5 to $40 at a salvage yard. (our U Pull yard did mine for $3. The local truck scrap yard where the owner thinks everything is gold plated? Wants about $35 for the same thing)

S-

will.moyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
Pull the handle and check the roll pin that acts as the pivot. Mine has done this several times and I finally picked up a spare handle.

The pin wears out and eventually slips down and out of the plastic, and then the "action" starts tilting just enough for the plastic gears to do nothing but slip when you pull the handle. The fix for mine? Force the handle (it's actually pretty easy) back to its own normal position, and drive the roll pin back up into the housing. Takes a few tries if you've never done it before.

Otherwise a replacement handle runs around $5 to $40 at a salvage yard. (our U Pull yard did mine for $3. The local truck scrap yard where the owner thinks everything is gold plated? Wants about $35 for the same thing)

S-
it was the pin i found an allen wrench small enough to fit in there and put it in so it works now haha for the time being

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals