• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Part number for Bosch "micro edge" wiper blade inserts for 2010 Ranger?

barrys

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
It looks like the wiper blade on my 2010 Ranger is the same as the 1994 one I just sold.
Bosch used to make a "micro edge" wiper blade insert set that was really affordable and worked nicely. But, I can't seem to find any inserts on their parts lookup pages for the Ranger -- only complete blade assemblies.

I see lots of sellers offering these micro-edge refills as a generic item like the 43718:

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-43718-Wiper-Blade-Refill/dp/B000CIMUO4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319078559&sr=8-1

But, I'm not sure if that's the right part for our Rangers.

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
This has been an ongoing frustration of mine for some years now... not one damn store around here still sells inserts that you used to be able to get a pair for $5-10, depending on brand & quality. Now all they want to do is sell you a single whole damn wiper arm assembly for the same price or more than I used to get both rubber inserts for when only the rubber part is what is worn out :annoyed:

I recall there were only 2 fitment requirements: Their length, and their width (normal vs. narrow).
The stock wiper arms on my Ranger used 18 inch "narrow" blades. I doubt the length dimension has changed at all over the years, however if you have non-stock arms, you might need to check what width yours are (if you need, I can try to measure mine, I think the blades on it still are "narrow"). Many times you can bend the arm tabs a bit to fit a narrow blade in a standard arm & vice-versa however.

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
I've used new ranger blades on everything from my 91 ranger to my 97 ranger to my 05 sport trac. They still all use the same 18" blades.

We've got boxes of blades at work. People buy the ford maintenance protection plan and it covers new wipers with every service so we keep all the good ones instead of chucking them in the trash. I haven't had to buy wipers for anything in the last 6 years lol.

nitrofan1

Man without a Ranger
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Subaru
Engine Size
EJ251
Transmission
Automatic
The reason inserts aren't sold anymore isn't the stores but the manufacturers of the blades. All of them! I've sold and installed blades for 26 years. Until the "metric" blade came out Anco refills wouldn't fit Trico. Trico wouldn't fit Bosch etc.... The manufacturers decided to stop offering refills to eliminate confusion and bad reps. Once the metric refill came about most any refill would fit any blade.

Well, if you installed a low grade SH**ty refill in a Bosch blade and it didn't perform well Bosch may get a rep that their blades SUCK! So to protect their quality they ALL stopped selling refills.

Done and done.

ronclark

Supporting Member
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
95 4.0 with 93 ECU
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
The Walmarts around here are selling Bosch steels for about 8.00 for the whole assembly

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
The reason inserts aren't sold anymore isn't the stores but the manufacturers of the blades. All of them! I've sold and installed blades for 26 years. Until the "metric" blade came out Anco refills wouldn't fit Trico. Trico wouldn't fit Bosch etc.... The manufacturers decided to stop offering refills to eliminate confusion and bad reps. Once the metric refill came about most any refill would fit any blade.

Well, if you installed a low grade SH**ty refill in a Bosch blade and it didn't perform well Bosch may get a rep that their blades SUCK! So to protect their quality they ALL stopped selling refills.

Done and done.
I would say the insert itself is the actual "blade", and the rest of it is simply a "blade holder", but I guess in their blindness by corporate greed, no one could distinguish the two that way to avoid that issue. :pissedoff:
Such a waste too (you'd think those environmentalist whackos out there would have a field day with something like this... All those blade assemblies that wind up in landfills and all the manufacturing expenses and resources consumed because of it :icon_confused: ).

Guess I should snap up a good number of what inserts I can to last me for the next decade or so then :sad:

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
The 18" Bosch Microedge assemblies are 8 bucks here at AZ. To me it's worth the extra money over the blades. Mine always seem to lose their "spring" after a year or so. My Brother just put some Bosch Microedge assemblies on his Escape (it takes an 18" and a 20") and they work great.

I am equally impressed with the Rain X blades that were on my F150 when I bought it, but they are more money. They also have no "spring" to hold them tight to the windshield, and make a bit of noise going 50mph+ on the freeway. But they do a damn good job keeping the windows clean.

EDIT: Here's what I mean

http://www.amazon.com/Rain-X-Repel-Premium-Bracketless-Wiper/dp/B003V4YUGM/ref=sr_1_7?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1319498945&sr=1-7

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals