• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Paint It Black - Ford Introduces Black Appearance Package On 2019 Ford Ranger

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15

2019 Ford Ranger Black Pack Lariat Super Crew

• Ranger buyers now have another choice to customize their truck with the new Black Appearance Package; more than two-thirds of all-new 2019 Ford Ranger pickups flying out of showrooms are optioned with an appearance package
  • Ranger Black Appearance Package features an aggressive look with a black grille, running boards, accented wheels and more, making body colors like Hot Pepper Red and Lightning Blue pop
  • Ranger fans can order the Black Appearance Package for their trucks now, with deliveries starting in early summer
DEARBORN, Mich., March 25, 2019 – With the all-new Ford Ranger off to a strong start since the first trucks went on sale in January, Ford is already introducing a new Black Appearance Package, helping buyers further customize their Ranger to match their unique personal style.
More than two-thirds of all-new Ranger pickups are leaving showrooms optioned with either the Sport Appearance Package that adds unique wheels and Magnetic Gray-painted accents, or the Chrome Appearance Package with bright chrome wheels and chrome body accents.
The new Black Appearance Package gives Ranger customers a bold and stylish new option.
“Like the rest of their gear, Ranger customers are choosing the option that best fits their adventures,” said Todd Eckert, Ford truck group marketing manager. “Having the right gear matters and so does the right look. The Black Appearance Package adds aggressive style to the adventures our customers embark on.”
Available with any Ranger body color, the Black Appearance Package’s aggressive look will help the truck stand out on the beach or in the backcountry. Its standard features include:
  • Black-painted grille
  • Body-color bumpers
  • High-gloss black-painted 18-inch aluminum wheels with black center caps
  • Black running boards
  • Black spray-in bed liner
  • Black fender vent surround
  • Black mirrors
  • Black sill plate
  • Black bash plate on FX4 Off-Road Package
  • Black lower valance
The Ranger Black Appearance Package is available as an option for $1,995 (excludes taxes) and can be ordered at dealers now, with deliveries targeted to begin in early summer.
Built Ford Tough and ready for adventure
In addition to individual style, the all-new Ford Ranger answers the call from truck customers looking for an affordable, rugged and maneuverable midsize pickup that’s Built Ford Tough. Torture-tested alongside Ford F-150 trucks, Ranger quality starts with a high-strength steel frame backbone, proven Ford-built 2.3-liter EcoBoost® engine and class-exclusive 10-speed automatic transmission.
Inside, Ranger blends comfort and functionality with room for up to five people, their gear and accessories. The center stack includes an 8-inch touch screen for the available SYNC® 3 system, while the instrument cluster features productivity screens for real-time vehicle and audio information plus available navigation.
Ranger incorporates advanced passenger convenience and connectivity features, plus smart driver-assist technologies including standard automatic emergency braking. Ford Co-Pilot360™ technologies like Lane-Keeping System and class-exclusive Blind Spot Information System with trailer coverage are standard on XLT and Lariat trim levels. Additional driver-assist technologies including adaptive cruise control and forward and reverse sensing systems are available on both XLT and Lariat.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company is a global company based in Dearborn, Michigan. The company designs, manufactures, markets and services a full line of Ford cars, trucks, SUVs, electrified vehicles and Lincoln luxury vehicles, provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company and is pursuing leadership positions in electrification, autonomous vehicles and mobility solutions. Ford employs approximately 199,000 people worldwide. For more information regarding Ford, its products and Ford Motor Credit Company, please visit www.corporate.ford.com.

Last edited:

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
IMO this should be a NO COST option. First they charge more for chrome package, then they charge extra for the "no chrome" SPORT package, then they charge $1,995 for chrome delete, they're calling it a "BLACK" package. WTF
I think this is the ONLY option for ANY trim level. So even the most basic of Rangers (XL)can get this "package" or you can spend 12 at O'rielly's for a can of black plastic dip and get the same look. I did ask for something like the "midnight" option that Nissan offers, but this seems a little lame.

REDRUM

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
I agree.
$1550 is way too much.
Buy aftermarket stuff and make yours look even better.

"Black" Package - Just another lie perpetrated by the man.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It would be nice to get chrome bumpers without a chrome everything. Black out does look sharp though... just not for me.

Jim Oaks

Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
I told Ford they should hire me to connect the Engineers with the truck enthusiasts.

Thom

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I bought the black out special. XL It is less expensive and gives you a blank slate for your own style. Camo skirts, brighter fog lights, pink wheels (just kidding) but ,you get the idea.

Jim Oaks

Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
I bought the black out special. XL It is less expensive and gives you a blank slate for your own style. Camo skirts, brighter fog lights, pink wheels (just kidding) but ,you get the idea.
Let's see a photo (y)

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
To each his own.
The Black Appearance package doesn't work very well on the build site.

Rangerx2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.7 V6
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Always question authority
I spec'ed one out on the Build and Price in dark gray with the Black Appearnace Package in the XLT 302A Supercab FX4. Looked sharp! Had a very dark, and aggressive look to it without being monochrome. Expensive as he** though at over $41k! (To this cheapskate redneck, that's expensive) I don't think I'd buy one though, I'm too much of a sucker for chrome.:p

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
To each his own.
You would love my F150 then LOL

Ramcharger90

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
306, Bcam,
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Still no single cab or manual transmission yet smh.... guess ill wait for the bronco or go gladiator for the new set of wheels....

Ramcharger90

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
306, Bcam,
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I spec'ed one out on the Build and Price in dark gray with the Black Appearnace Package in the XLT 302A Supercab FX4. Looked sharp! Had a very dark, and aggressive look to it without being monochrome. Expensive as he** though at over $41k! (To this cheapskate redneck, that's expensive) I don't think I'd buy one though, I'm too much of a sucker for chrome.:p
Add another 5k to that and you can get a 727hp mustang with the catback ford racing exhaust gt premium and performance package.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
To each his own.
Yet ? There isn't going to be a manual transmission and isn't going to be one in the Bronco or Gladiator. Have you been hiding in the woods a while ?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals