• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ouray Julay 2011

Scotty J.

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Had to start the vacation off right, those of you that have been here know where I'm at (and why I misspelled the topic) :beer:

Tomorrow, we'll hit Wal-Mart in Montrose first, then pick up what I call "Engineer's Pass" just outside of Ouray down to Animas forks. Will probably do Minnie and Maggie, Cinnamon then the REAL Engineers pass on the way back.

Next day, same path back to Animas area, pick up California, Corkscrew and I dunno, will have to get out the book.

Third day will be Yankee Boy Basin, Imogene and maybe Christian Dior's (or whoever the hell it is) ranch. The latter depending on the rain, I hear it can be messy if it's rained.

Maybe BBP on Thursday or Friday (if it's open, currently closed) or just hang in Ouray and spend the day drinking beer, buying souvenirs and drinking more beer. I may have to refrain from PUI posting that day LOL. But that's WAY down the week.

I'll keep everyone posted in this thread.

Last edited:

Scotty J.

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Sorry for being such a slacker but we've been quite busy running trails and drinking beer LOL. Ok, pics from Tuesday HERE and pics from today, wednesday can be found HERE. Imogene was absolutely fabulous! There is still SO much snow up there. BBP is still closed, it isn't looking like it's going to be open before we leave.

Anyway, enjoy.

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Great pictures. I just got from Colorado myself. Enjoy the cool temps!

Scotty J.

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Great pictures. I just got from Colorado myself. Enjoy the cool temps!
Thats been the best part. It hasn't been over 77* here and, as you can probably tell, on top of Imogene Pass, it was 40* or less.

Thanks for checking out the pics.

Scotty J.

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Ok last day :-( We did lower Engineer to Animas Fork, then took California Gulch, through Hurricane Pass, then on to Corkscrew Gulch. Man, those were absolutely the best trails we've been on. Anyway, the pics are HERE.

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I've been wanting to go out there.

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
Being from Loo-z-anna.....I had to put a jacket on to look at all the pictures of snow!

Last edited:

crawlin91

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Awesome, I was down in that area last summer, we went to Mesa Verde and came back up through Ouray and Silverton, BBP is definately on my to do list but with this years heavy and late snowfall it probably wont open untill early-mid August. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

1freaky1

U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Those are some great pics, as a native to Colorado I have never even been up in that area. Thanks for posting them!

legoms013

09/2013 OTOTM
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
I have been on the Engineer's Pass trail and had a blast (in a rental jeep JK, my Ranger would own that trail lol). Also been on whatever trail that is that takes you to the foot of Mount Sneffles (which me and two other guys hiked). We wheeled both in one day, in the pouring rain. It was a blast :icon_thumby:

Very scenic place to wheel and spend time outdoors, I wish I lived there. Some say it is the Jeeper's capital of the USA. Apparently there are plenty of harder more serious trails as well for the more rock jock type. I'd love to go back with my truck and fathers built CJ-5.

BRO69

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Heading out that way in a couple weeks. Hope to run several of those trails while we are there. Very good job on all the pics. I spent a year in the mountains of Afghanistan and to put it mildly they don't look like that!

Scotty J.

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Heading out that way in a couple weeks. Hope to run several of those trails while we are there. Very good job on all the pics. I spent a year in the mountains of Afghanistan and to put it mildly they don't look like that!
I'm assuming you weren't vacationing in Afghanistan so I want to thank you for your service to this country.

Now regarding Ouray, be sure to do California Gulch, through Hurricane Pass, then on to Corkscrew Gulch, we picked it up at Animas Forks and went all the way to 550 then back to Ouray.

The trail can get a bit confusing, the different trails aren't marked well. Just keep "keeping" to the right until you see Poughkeepsie, you'll want to go left around the big blue pond there. Then just keep "keeping" to the right and you'll find the most incredible vistas and trails on the "shelf". Nice switch backs coming down the Red Mountains on the 550 side of Corkscrew.

Enjoy and be safe. If you're there for at least one night, you must check the beer gardens and the silver eagle saloon. The bar tender there is awesome!

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
and PICS........of course!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals