• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Our government has corrupted this nation so bad

goodie85

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
7.3 turbo diesel
Transmission
Automatic
I'm sure some of you have seen this but I just got an e-mail and thought I'd share how awesome this email is.

To All My Valued Employees,

There have been some rumblings around the office about the future of this company, and more specifically, your job. As you know, the economy has changed for the worse and presents many challenges. However, the good news is this: The economy doesn't pose a threat to your job.

What does threaten your job however, is the changing political landscape in this country. Of course, as your employer, I am forbidden to tell you whom to vote for -- it is against the law to discriminate based on political affiliation, Race, creed, religion, etc.

Please vote who you think will serve your Interests the best. However, let me tell you some little tidbits of fact which might help you decide what is in your best interest. First, while it is easy to spew rhetoric that casts employers against employees, you have to understand that for every business owner there is a back story.

This back story is often neglected and overshadowed by what you see and hear. Sure, you see me park my Mercedes outside. You've seen my big home at last years Christmas party. I'm sure all these flashy icons of luxury conjure up some idealized thoughts about my life. However, what you don't see is the back story.

I started this company 12 years ago. At that time, I lived in a 300 square foot studio apartment for 3 years. My entire living space was converted into an office so I could put forth 100% effort into building a company, which by the way, would eventually employ you.

My diet consisted of Ramen Pride noodles because every dollar I spent went back into this company. I drove a rusty Toyota Corolla with a defective transmission. I didn't have time to date. Often times, I stayed home on weekends, while my friends went out drinking and partying. In fact, I was married to my business -- hard work, discipline, and sacrifice.

Meanwhile, my friends got jobs. They worked 40 hours a week and made a modest $50K a year and spent every dime they earned. They drove flashy cars and lived in expensive homes and wore fancy designer clothes. Instead of hitting the Nordstrom's for the latest hot fashion item, I was trolling through the Goodwill store extracting any clothing item that didn't look like it was birthed in the 70's.

My friends refinanced their mortgages and lived a life of luxury. I, however, did not. I put my time, my money, and my life into a business with a vision that eventually, some day, I too, will be able to afford these luxuries my friends supposedly had.

So, while you physically arrive at the office at 9am, mentally check in at about noon, and then leave at 5pm, I don't. There is no "off" button For me. When you leave the office, you are done and you have a weekend all to yourself. I unfortunately do not have the freedom. I eat, ****, and breathe this company every minute of the day. There is no rest. There is no weekend. There is no happy hour. Every day this business is attached to me like a 1 day old baby.

You, of course, only see the fruits of that garden -- the nice house, the Mercedes, the vacations... You never realize the back story and the sacrifices I've made. Now, the economy is falling apart and I, the guy that made all the right decisions and saved his money, have to bail-out all the people who didn't.

The people that overspent their paychecks suddenly feel entitled to the same luxuries that I earned and sacrificed a decade of my life for. Yes, business ownership has is benefits but the price I've paid is steep and not without wounds. Unfortunately, the cost of running this business, and employing you, is starting to eclipse the threshold of marginal benefit and let me tell you why:

I am being taxed to death and the government thinks I don't pay enough. I have state taxes. Federal taxes. Property taxes. Sales and use taxes. Payroll taxes. Workers compensation taxes. Unemployment taxes. Taxes on taxes. I have to hire a tax man to manage all these taxes and then guess what? I have to pay taxes for employing him. Government mandates and regulations and all the accounting that goes with it, now occupy most of my time. On Oct 15th, I wrote a check to the US Treasury for $288,000 for quarterly taxes. You know what my "stimulus" check was? Zero. Nada. Zilch.

The question I have is this: Who is stimulating the economy? Me, the guy who has provided 14 people good paying jobs and serves over 2,200,000 people per year with a flourishing business? Or, the single mother sitting at home pregnant with her fourth child waiting for her next welfare check?

Obviously, government feels the latter is the economic stimulus of this country. The fact is, if I deducted (Read: Stole) 50% of your paycheck you'd quit and you wouldn't work here. I mean, why should you? That's nuts. Who wants to get rewarded only 50% of their hard work? Well, I agree which is why your job is in jeopardy. Here is what many of you don't understand; to stimulate the economy you need to stimulate what runs the economy. Had suddenly government mandated to me that I didn't need to pay taxes, guess what? Instead of depositing that $288,000 into the Washington black-hole, I would have spent it, hired more employees, and generated substantial economic growth. My employees would have enjoyed the wealth of that tax cut in the form of promotions and better salaries. But you can forget it now.

When you have a comatose man on the verge of death, you don't defibrillate and shock his thumb thinking that will bring him back to life, do you? Or, do you defibrillate his heart? Business is at the heart of America and always has been. To restart it, you must stimulate it, not kill it. Suddenly, the power brokers in Washington believe the mud of America are the essential drivers of the American economic engine.

Nothing could be further from the truth and this is the type of change you can keep. So where am I going with all this? It's quite simple. If any new taxes are levied on me, or my company, my reaction will be swift and simple. I fire you. I fire your co-workers. You can then plead with the government to pay for your mortgage, your SUV, and your child's future. Frankly, it isn't my problem any more. Then, I will close this company down, move to another country, and retire.

You see, I'm done. I'm done with a country that penalizes the productive and gives to the unproductive. My motivation to work and to provide jobs will be destroyed, and with it, will be my citizenship.

While tax cuts to 95% of America sounds great on paper, don't forget the backstory: If there is no job, there is no income to tax. A tax cut on zero dollars is zero. So, when you make decision to vote, ask yourself, who understands the economics of business ownership and who doesn't? Whose policies will endanger your job? Answer those questions and you should know who might be the one capable of saving your job. While the media wants to tell you "It's the economy Stupid" I'm telling you it isn't.

If you lose your job, it won't be at the hands of the economy; it will be at the hands of a political hurricane that swept through this country, steamrolled the Constitution, and will have changed its landscape forever. If that happens, you can find me in South Caribbean sitting on a beach, retired, and with no employees to worry about.

Signed, Your boss,

Michael A. Crowley,
PE Crowley, Crisp & Associates, Inc.
Professional Engineers 1
906 South Main Street, Suite 122
Wake Forest, NC 27587

919.562.8860 x22
919.562.8872 Fax

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
Except for the big house/Mercedes/luxury items/retirement plans/attitude......his back-story and mine are a lot alike...... ;missingteeth;

goodie85

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
7.3 turbo diesel
Transmission
Automatic
Sounds about like my back-story here in about four years......By the way so much for Obama making school affordable and easy. So far im estimating a minimum of 90k in debt once im out.

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
Sounds about like my back-story here in about four years......By the way so much for Obama making school affordable and easy. So far im estimating a minimum of 90k in debt once im out.
OUCH!

We just have to remember that this Nation started with the best Government on Earth.....it's just ashamed that our leaders aren't up to the task!

LearjetMinako

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 140ci
Transmission
Manual
Good message from the boss. I like him, speaks whats on his mind truthfully.

As for the ecomoney problem, yeah my store is feeling the crunch. Just about everyone's hours were cut to almost a minimal. I'm lucky enough to slide by with a full-time position. But I'm also the only person working this department and can be responsible for thousands of dollars in credit or loss.

killj0y

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l 4 Banger
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Fix it till its broke!
Boo hoo get with the big boys they skirt taxes, donate to charity, hire better taxmen. You make more, you pay more, sounds right to me. I pay a third of my check to taxes, get over it. If you have enough to love comfortably, and can help people then so much the better. No politician is gonna make it better, unless you pay to make it better. Welcome to real life, nothing is free and I can almost guarantee that your employees don't have it as good as you think. If you don't like it quit or sell the business...

Tominator

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 S-Trim 450HP
Transmission
Manual
The people that overspent their paychecks suddenly feel entitled to the same luxuries that I earned and sacrificed a decade of my life for.
Should be 'some' of the people.

I've never lived a life of luxury by spending money, going to parties and etc, but I have made some foolish decisions in my life and I'm paying for that now.

Knowing several business owners that could have written that story has me respecting them greatly for their sacrifice. They deserve EVERY Mercedes , fine furniture. vacation, huge house in an exclusive neighborhood, and on and on...

I'm entrenched in the middle class yet my taxes keep going up and the value of my property keeps going down. That's not because Mr. Crowley doesn't pay enough in taxes!

Obama has waged war on business since he was sworn in. Enough is enough!:annoyed:

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Boo hoo get with the big boys they skirt taxes, donate to charity, hire better taxmen. You make more, you pay more, sounds right to me. I pay a third of my check to taxes, get over it. If you have enough to love comfortably, and can help people then so much the better. No politician is gonna make it better, unless you pay to make it better. Welcome to real life, nothing is free and I can almost guarantee that your employees don't have it as good as you think. If you don't like it quit or sell the business...
Spoken like a true Democrat.

For every dollar you donate to charity you might get 10 cents back at tax time. A better tax accountant can only do so much, and there is certainly a law of diminishing financial returns there as well.

I too pay about 1/3 of my check to taxes. Frankly I think it's going to the wrong people. Our government has shown a patent inability to manage money and absolute lack of understanding of basic economics. Government operates at less than 1/2 financial efficiency. Basically, for ever tax dollar they collect, less than 50 cents is actually put towards doing the work it is for. The rest goes into the salaries of people who are wholly unnecessary to the project. Welfare is even worse operating below 20% last time I looked.

And it has been shown, through out history, that the higher the tax rate the less likely people are to spend money. Less spending means less purchasing, means less demand, means less production means less jobs means less money. Higher taxes on businesses has also been shown to lead to lower rates of pay and hiring, because, and see if you can wrap your mind around this since you are so intent on dodging taxes, lower payroll numbers mean lower payroll taxes.

rtg143

U.S. Military - Veteran
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.4l
Transmission
Automatic
I know of someone that didn't seriously for a job until his unemployment ran out. Many welfare recipients do the same.

Last edited:

kryptonitecb

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I know of someone that didn't seriously for a job until his unemployment ran out. Many welfare recients do the same.
Why care when you're getting payed not to?

Sent from the road while ignoring traffic

RustedRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Very well written letter. "Democrat".....I think it's more "progressive liberal" Even when presented with fact they do not want to hear it and commence to redirecting blame and then to character assassination. Constantly I hear and read, "BUT....look at what he inherited from Bush,It's Bush's fault" To counter that thinking....look at what Bush inherited from Clinton....Osama Bin Laden and 9/11. After the first attack on the Trade Center they had Bin Laden's location confirmed and targeted....Clinton said, "No." I found out recently that JFK despised liberalism...I had never heard that.

press 1 for english

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Spoken like a true Democrat.

For every dollar you donate to charity you might get 10 cents back at tax time. A better tax accountant can only do so much, and there is certainly a law of diminishing financial returns there as well.

I too pay about 1/3 of my check to taxes. Frankly I think it's going to the wrong people. Our government has shown a patent inability to manage money and absolute lack of understanding of basic economics. Government operates at less than 1/2 financial efficiency. Basically, for ever tax dollar they collect, less than 50 cents is actually put towards doing the work it is for. The rest goes into the salaries of people who are wholly unnecessary to the project. Welfare is even worse operating below 20% last time I looked.

And it has been shown, through out history, that the higher the tax rate the less likely people are to spend money. Less spending means less purchasing, means less demand, means less production means less jobs means less money. Higher taxes on businesses has also been shown to lead to lower rates of pay and hiring, because, and see if you can wrap your mind around this since you are so intent on dodging taxes, lower payroll numbers mean lower payroll taxes.

For your information, not all democrats are liberals. Most democrats are for gun rights and welfare cuts. You claim you pay 1/3 of your salary in taxes but when you figure in the refund, you are down to 20-25%.
It's absurd how many people call all republicans "right wingnuts" and then there are the idiots who label all democrats as "liberal".
Stick to repairing cars and give up politics.
I still find it hard to believe that auto mechanics make double/triple what a US Army soldier gets including combat pay......that is a travesty. Cry to someone else Mr Fortunate Son.
My late father was a retired Marine Lt and a registered Democrat.....oh yeah typical democrat. He served in Korea and Vietnam. My Grandfather was a democrat who served in WWII and was one of the first of the army ground troops to step foot in Japan after the bombs were dropped....he died of cancer from the radiation 15 years after his hitch was up....typical democrat I guess.
If you had the balls to serve in the US Armed forces like me and my father/grandfather, I still disagree with your attitude....if you didn't serve......well I'll leave it at that.
People who vote one party and only one party are the pricks that set this country up for it's fall that begun 50+ years ago.
Also the fu(khead part of the republican party wants to eliminate the IRS and put in place a consumption tax.........do you know who that would hurt the most, disabled Veterans on a VA disability income......typical republicans.

Last edited:

luke

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
We need to get back to an America that agrees with the constitution. I'm sick of people twisting the constitution to suit their agenda. The constitution is in black and white, there is no "its how you interpret it", it says right in the pages what the government can and cant do. The liberals and conservatives only back the freedoms they agree with, not the entire article. The United States of America was founded on the idea that you have the right to do what ever you want with your money, property and person, as long as you don't infringe on others right to do so. Both donkeys and elephants wish to take your liberties, be them social or fiscal, and once we give up our liberty we'll never get it back. We need leaders in government that will not create laws, but reduce laws, and both sides want to create more laws. We need citizens that understand how fragile freedom is, that will question any and every move our government makes. We need citizens who are willing to fight to keep our freedoms and liberties, even if that means fighting our own government. But people are lazy, they don't want to educate them selves they want some one else to figure it out. They don't want to work hard to achieve their goals, they want handouts.
The lesser of 2 evils is still evil, and being the enemy of my enemy does not make you my friend.
We need a constitutional libertarian revolution!:headbang:

press 1 for english

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
We need to get back to an America that agrees with the constitution. I'm sick of people twisting the constitution to suit their agenda. The constitution is in black and white, there is no "its how you interpret it", it says right in the pages what the government can and cant do. The liberals and conservatives only back the freedoms they agree with, not the entire article. The United States of America was founded on the idea that you have the right to do what ever you want with your money, property and person, as long as you don't infringe on others right to do so. Both donkeys and elephants wish to take your liberties, be them social or fiscal, and once we give up our liberty we'll never get it back. We need leaders in government that will not create laws, but reduce laws, and both sides want to create more laws. We need citizens that understand how fragile freedom is, that will question any and every move our government makes. We need citizens who are willing to fight to keep our freedoms and liberties, even if that means fighting our own government. But people are lazy, they don't want to educate them selves they want some one else to figure it out. They don't want to work hard to achieve their goals, they want handouts.
The lesser of 2 evils is still evil, and being the enemy of my enemy does not make you my friend.
We need a constitutional libertarian revolution!:headbang:

Unfortunately Ron Paul always gets kicked to the back of the bus every Presidential election. I was happy when the tea party started up but in the end they were a bunch on nimrod extreme off the chain right wingers who had no clue as to how things work.
We need a third party that has no ties to the right or left but that'll never happen because Americans are so ate up with their chosen party, they will never go for something else that actually makes sense.
How can politics not be corupt......almost 100 million dollars spent comapigning to land someone a job that pays $330,000?
I really don't know what freedoms you are talking about that are being taken away, we have more freedoms in this country than all other countries combined.
Some say the Patriot Act is an assault on our freedoms.....maybe so if you are up to no good.
2 term limits for all Congressman and Senators would be a good start but I don't think Congress would let that fly.:annoyed:
Libertarian is a few steps up from the other two parties.

Thanks the Reagan's illegal mmigrant amnesty, Bush Sr's indifference, Clintons indifference, GWB's attempt at the dream act, and Obama's signing of the dream act we now have this same crap but only worse.

Last edited:

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Very well written letter. "Democrat".....I think it's more "progressive liberal" Even when presented with fact they do not want to hear it and commence to redirecting blame and then to character assassination. Constantly I hear and read, "BUT....look at what he inherited from Bush,It's Bush's fault" To counter that thinking....look at what Bush inherited from Clinton....Osama Bin Laden and 9/11. After the first attack on the Trade Center they had Bin Laden's location confirmed and targeted....Clinton said, "No." I found out recently that JFK despised liberalism...I had never heard that.
I am confused here....Georg W. Bush was in office when 911 happened. Not Clinton. Dd you get something backwards?

:icon_confused:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals