• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Our 84 Ford Bronco 2 4x4 build thread. From Junk to almost glory.

redneckfordf2502002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L V6 4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
Howdy all, I thought I would start a build thread for the fun of it of our Bronco 2 being built up. This is used almost daily as a driver but I am working on fixing it. It is my younger brother's 84 B2 (I am 16). It has a Toyo Koygo 5 speed manual transmission in it. We bought it for $400 with the front clip almost completely missing. About a week later the transmission shifter popped out I got a new transmission and didn't need to. I don't have pics of it when the grille, flare under grille, bumper, parking lights were all missing but here is one with the bumper missing only:
Trav

After putting the transmisson back together we installed a thrush glass pack on it and left the cat off since it wasn't there. We did regular maitanace for a couple months then we got bored with it and decided lets add some options to this baby so we went to our local junkyard and bought the Eddie Baure (I believe as the emblems said Eddie Baure) seats out of a 84 Bronco 2 and a middle console out of a 97 Ford Ranger since our seats were torn in our Bronco 2 up front also put in a cassate radio (temporary) 2 sony speakers in the dash, new grab handles, and a hitch reciever all on in one day unistalling from one b2 to installing in our B2:

I have both seats in just never got a pic with both the middle console fit in with no problems what so ever:

the hitch reciever:

also we put in a new silver linning of the dash board:

a few weeks later we brough it out trailing with our trailer and it did great on the rough roads that we live on and to my buddys place:

and after a while we ended up getting board with the white spoke wheels that were rusting away so we sanded them up and spray painted them black and installed the front bumper:

then a couple weeks ago we went to my buddies place where I got the grille bumper and all and he said he was tired of the B2 sitting in his brothers yard so we could go get it. It is a 84 Ford Bronco 2 4x4 4 speed manual tranny with 2.8L carbed:

the 2 together with our 02 F250:

And the past few days we took a few parts off the Parts B2 like doors fenders and interior parts. Soon me and my 2 younger brothers and dad will work on installing the fenders, doors, headliner (even though it is red), roof rack, and new headlights. All of our parts that I just listed our shot. Later we will cut out body parts that we need to put on our B2 to make the body straight and paintable. Also we are debating over to take the lift kit out of my buddy's 80s ranger and put it in our Bronco 2 or not.

redneckfordf2502002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L V6 4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
Ok so today we got the left front fender off the Bronco 2 (red parts truck) and put it on the blue bronco 2. Tommorrow I need to replace the striker on the Bronco 2's door and then we have the red bronco 2 door on there. Will get pics tomorrow.
Trav

redneckfordf2502002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L V6 4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
Ok so today we got the right fender on, drivers door put together (except the lock got to fix that still), fixed the grill, replaced the right headlight, put the chrome mirrors on(that was fun broke the bolt and had to drill it out), adjusted the hood so now it is flush with the fenders but now we have to readjust the fender on the right slightly, replaced the top radiator hose, and fixed the radiator mounts. Also found out there is no thermostat in the truck so probably the reason it is overheating so fast so will have to get a new one for that soon. Will get pics up soon of all the work done. Almost forgot we painted the fenders where there is rust spots on it to keep the rust down later will paint it. Soon will be putting the headliner, speedo cable, roof rack, putting the new tail lights on (stock style), and adjusting the bumper next. So what do you guys and gals think so far?
Trav

redneckfordf2502002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L V6 4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
ok so recently we put the red headliner in the Bronco 2. came out nice even though ours has tan interior. Also used the red visors. Also some pics of the fenders on.
Trav

my dad had to put this baby moon on here:

redneckfordf2502002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L V6 4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
not much happening on the Bronco 2 but here is what has happened since I last updated this build thread. First off put the speedometer cable out of the parts B2 in and it is a little slow I have to change the gear on it so it is the right one. Then started having the stock 235 75 R15 tires rub so I took the 225 60 R16 wheels and tires off the parts bronco 2 on and those are working for now till I get smaaller tires because I didn't want to ruin the new fenders. Then started having high oil pressure readings so checked oil see if low or whatever and somebody over filled the oil 1-2 quarts to much so I might have to drain some of it but my dad reminded me to check for water in the oil so I will have to check that it isn't running funny so I doubt it and I didn't notice anything when I checked but I wasn't looking that hard. So I have to drain some oil out before I drive it further then our yard. Other then that just been driving it around hauling stuff around the yard with my water trailer and ranch trailer. It is holding up really well for the beating I am giving it. I also ripped the steering wheel cover jerking the wheel to get it unstuck from the mud in my backyard and I broke the headlight switch which there isn't one on the parts B2 so going to try and fix old one.

On my list of to do soon:
drain oil
fix headlight switch
maybe put new clutch in this one is starting to go
brakes I have fronts don't know how the rears are yet
If I find a cheap or free steering wheel cover will fix that
when I get the chance put the roof rack on
get a thermostat
in march oil and filter change
Maybe soon a windshield as I will be driving this and I am a fresh driver don't need to cause to much trouble.:icon_thumby:
fix the 12 volt chargers (I have 3 in it)
put my new oil pressure gauge on (I got one with degrees that doesn't go in the dash.
Anyways on with the pics I do have so far.
Trav

the trailer is my ranch trailer I am using the Bronco 2 wheels sorry for my brother in the pic:

redneckfordf2502002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L V6 4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
Well today got bored and installed the roof rack, left tail light, drained the oil a bit (still have to check if that fixed the oil pressure problem, checked the front brakes (they are good so must be the rears going, got the rear carpet in and the jack and jack cover put in. Unfortunetly the jack cover, and back carpet is red not tan but thats ok. Hope to get more done tommorow or monday. Will have pics up tomorrow or tuesday.
Trav

redneckfordf2502002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L V6 4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
Here is the updated pictures of the B2.
Trav

The roof rack:

the jack and jack cover:

the rear carpet:

the tail light and roof rack:

our 97 Expedition and 84 Bronco 2:

and our 86 F150 and 84 Bronco 2:

redneckfordf2502002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L V6 4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
Well today the Bronco 2 let me down. Working around the yard all of a sudden the clutch let go on me so gotta get a new clutch. But did tighten the bolts on the hitch they were almost falling off. So another $120 to repair the clutch now.
Trav

Kevery

06/2013 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999/1978
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
looks like your having fun. Are you just fixing it up and leaving it stock or are you planning on making a wheeler out of it?

redneckfordf2502002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L V6 4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
Well my current plan is keep it running until I won't run anymore or my house and garage is completely built. After then I will fix it up paint it all that maybe put a small lift on it not sure yet. My dad has been driving Bronco 2s since they came out so he knows them well. I only drive it because my 88 F150 is not running yet. It really is my youngest brothers truck but he doesn't have a liscence nor permit. I learned standard on this truck and everything so it is hard to see it down when I need it for my ranch work. But I knew the clutch was going out on it.
Trav

redneckfordf2502002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L V6 4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
Been a while since I updated this thread not much getting done lately on the Bronco money has been tight and going to the other pickups only been starting it once in a while. Just thought I would update a bit.
Trav

redneckfordf2502002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L V6 4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
ok so I totally forgot about this thread then me and my brother were playing around today and found it again. So updates: the door handle rods ended up falling off so I couldn't get into the truck while it was locked. So only thing we could do was bust the passanger side window. Well when we threw the hammer through the window it broke hit the drivers door and now the drivers door won't stay shut. I do have a spare window which we got out just need to do some drilling and mounting then we can put it in. Also I found out the clutch may not be bad the fluid cylinder is drier then a bone I think that may be the problem will try putting fluid in it soon. Other then that nothing really going on. Also my brother is subscribing to this thread soon he is better with rangers and B2s then me and it is his truck so we both will update this thread and all. I don't know what his username will be though I guess we will find out.
Trav

Last edited:
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Like Trav said before I am his brother and this one is mine. I am the one that is jumping in front of the truck and trailer. I did do most of the work on this with Trav but my other brother helped too somewhat.
DJ

redneckfordf2502002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L V6 4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
Ya and you are the one that came up with the idea of the 97 ranger console swap which came out better then I thought.
Trav

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals