• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Our 24 Hours of Lemons Build

CYBERFUKD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger 2.9
Transmission
Manual
Hello-We race a 1990 XLT 2.9L in 24 hours of Lemons. It has the manual 5-speed in it. The first race was completed by the original car builders before I purchased it. The truck has a 8.8 rear with disc brakes and a flipped axle. They also cut the springs on the front ~2"? Now that I have the truck, I will be making some modifications.

I am adding 4 piston race calipers from Wilwood on 13" cobta rotors.
Currently it has 17x7" steel wheels. I don't know why. I'll run a smaller alloy wheel, whatever the caliper allows.
Finally, we're adding a body kit for our theme. CYBERFUKD. A play on the CYBERTRUCK.

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
24 hours of lemon. LMAO! With an obvious bullet hole in the rear quarter window. Nice one! Based on the F-117 aerodynamics, it'll be invisible on radar and handle wobbly. The F-117 was nicknamed The Wobbly Goblin by it's pilots.

At least the air dam and splitter are a slight improvement. What about a shopping cart handle rear spoiler?

Attachments

CYBERFUKD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger 2.9
Transmission
Manual

Attachments

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
24 hours of lemon. LMAO! With an obvious bullet hole in the rear quarter window. Nice one! Based on the F-117 aerodynamics, it'll be invisible on radar and handle wobbly. The F-117 was nicknamed The Wobbly Goblin by it's pilots.
They called it that because of the constant jittering the flight controls did in flight. With out the fly by wire system, the plane would have never flown. Flying wise, it was very stable. It got retired because the Air Force doesn’t like single mission aircraft and it was old. A good majority of it’s service life was spent in secrecy and called the F-117 to bury the program within the re-designated defected Russian aircraft the US was flying to see what their strengths and weaknesses were. In normal circumstances, it should have been designated A-12 or something along those lines for attack instead of F for fighter.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It got retired because the Air Force doesn’t like single mission aircraft and it was old.
Nobody really knows why but they still have some of them flying for some reason. Even as late as May 2020 they have been spotted in the air. Kind of unusual for an aircraft retired 12 years ago.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
Nobody really knows why but they still have some of them flying for some reason. Even as late as May 2020 they have been spotted in the air. Kind of unusual for an aircraft retired 12 years ago.
The Air Force uses and abuses aircraft long after they retire them from active service. I think the last F-4 got retired not that long ago from target drone service. They get used for test beds for a lot of things too.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The Air Force uses and abuses aircraft long after they retire them from active service. I think the last F-4 got retired not that long ago from target drone service. They get used for test beds for a lot of things too.
Not really the typical QF-4 or QF-16 type stuff. Everything about the plane has always been kinda back in the shadows though.

sheep herder

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
If it ain't broke, break it.
They called it that because of the constant jittering the flight controls did in flight. With out the fly by wire system, the plane would have never flown. Flying wise, it was very stable. It got retired because the Air Force doesn’t like single mission aircraft and it was old. A good majority of it’s service life was spent in secrecy and called the F-117 to bury the program within the re-designated defected Russian aircraft the US was flying to see what their strengths and weaknesses were. In normal circumstances, it should have been designated A-12 or something along those lines for attack instead of F for fighter.
The A-12 was a much earlier plane. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_A-12

You should have known that.

CYBERFUKD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger 2.9
Transmission
Manual
Well, if we’re talking about planes, here’s my brother’s plane.
B1B95B97-2756-4FD5-B168-3B049F8BF268.jpeg

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals