• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Oshkosh trip

Red Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Son and I are headed to Oshkosh the last week of July. Can anyone tell me what good restaurants are in that area? Anything else to see up there besides the airshow?

Thanks,

Fx4wannabe01

February 2010 OTOTM Winner
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Acee Deece (i think the spelling is right). If you're up there for the EAA event, you'd wanna check out that bar and grille. Could be just a bar...but it has ALOT of memrobeliea. I went when I went to Oshkosh in 96...HOLY BALLS...it's been 12 years!!!!! wow..i'm gettin' old. That place might not be around anymore.

Red Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks, Last time I was there was like in around '79. I remember that because I drove my '79 turbo Mustang up there when it was still new.

I'll look that place up.

JohnnyU

"Outlaw"
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevrolet
Engine Size
Ls2
Transmission
Automatic
I just drove through Oshkosh on Wednesday. Keep an eye out for the road construction on I-39; things were pretty torn up.

Red Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I just drove through Oshkosh on Wednesday. Keep an eye out for the road construction on I-39; things were pretty torn up.
Thanks for the heads up:icon_thumby:

JohnnyU

"Outlaw"
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevrolet
Engine Size
Ls2
Transmission
Automatic
One other thing I might suggest (but we didn't get a chance to look into) is a tour or at least a stop by the Oshkosh Corporation. They might have a museum or showroom that would be neat to tour.

http://www.oshkoshcorporation.com/

74duster318

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 and 302
Transmission
Manual
One other thing I might suggest (but we didn't get a chance to look into) is a tour or at least a stop by the Oshkosh Corporation. They might have a museum or showroom that would be neat to tour.

Just drive past the literally thousands of acres of military vehicles they have lined up in fenced off farmfields. I was up there last weekend, just to drive through town and to stop by a military vehicle dealer (not oshkosh corporation).

There used to be a pizza place across from the airport that I always went to with my dad and brother after the airshow. It may be West End Pizza...but I'm not totally sure. Great food! Great times!!
________
WELLBUTRIN SIDE EFFECT

Last edited:

Red Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

I will look into this. Sounds interesting, especially since my son is into WWII movies and such.

Just drive past the literally thousands of acres of military vehicles they have lined up in fenced off farmfields. I was up there last weekend, just to drive through town and to stop by a military vehicle dealer (not oshkosh corporation).

There used to be a pizza place across from the airport that I always went to with my dad and brother after the airshow. It may be West End Pizza...but I'm not totally sure. Great food! Great times!!
A great pizza place would be right up our alley. If we fly into Milwaukee, I do know a stop at the Safehouse is in order. If we drive, that will be way out of the way.

Red Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
After reading the reviews for West End Pizza, it will be on the list. sounds exactly the type of pizza we like:yahoo:

appletonbill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
If you like 50's and 60's style drive-ins try Ardy & Ed's drive-in on at 2413 S. Main St. in Oshkosh. Traditional basket meals and such. They also have car hops on roller skates. Home-made rootbeer.

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Don't know about the food as such but there are museums in the Green Bay area. Just right down there today for a "Hogs and Horses" show. Roads are good in that area at least. Carol Shellby is going to be there and judge some of the invited cars also. Got the Porta-Pottys all set up. Have a good time up here! If you drive the interstates, don't push the speed too much, stay mid-stream.
Dave

Red Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

Thanks for the tip about West End Pizza. They are currently celebrating their 50th anniversary. Great pizza, Great service. Wound up going their twice:icon_thumby::icon_thumby:

ranger_runner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 sohc
Transmission
Manual
If we fly into Milwaukee, I do know a stop at the Safehouse is in order. If we drive, that will be way out of the way.
dont know if you have been to the safe house before, but i would suggest not going, i went once and the place was cool but the food and service were terrible. i would never go again:dunno:

Red Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
dont know if you have been to the safe house before, but i would suggest not going, i went once and the place was cool but the food and service were terrible. i would never go again:dunno:
It's been about 5 or 6 years since we've been there. Food and service was pretty good then, at least we were there during the dinner hour. Don't know if that mattered or not.

milje

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I wish I would have known people from this forum were going, I would have tried to meet up with ya. I was staying at the Best Western in Appleton, it was the closest we could get, every other year we've went we stayed in the Travelodge in Oshkosh. I gotta tell ya, the drive isn't bad from Appleton, and there was a LOT more stuff to do at night up there.

Thursday night some drunk guys paid our bill at Hooters, that was pretty sweet considering it was a $50 bill :icon_rofl:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals