• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

opinions on cooper STT and ss TSL tires

DieselTech07

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1997 1994
Make / Model
Ford Ford FORD
Engine Size
2.3 3.0 3.0
Transmission
Manual
I did a search but most of the posts were several years old, and I could not find anyone that had run both the cooper STT and super swamper TSL tires.
my current tires are getting wore down and i am looking for new ones.

I have been running 32/9.50/r15 supper swamper TSL tires, which have been ok in mud, snow, pavement. I am only driving 10 miles on pavement a day, with one or two 800 mile trips on the interstate each year- 15,000 miles per year. I don't want to go any taller than 32" right now for several reasons, mainly not wanting to regear my current axles, not wanting to get a lift, and 32" have enough ground clearance for the trails I am running right now

It seems I can get 32/11.50/r15 tires in the cooper STT or super swamper TSL. for around $180-200 apicece

I have seen the cooper STT on other trucks in parking lots and they looked like they would dig ok but would like to hear from someone that has ran both the STT and TSL tires in mud and snow.

would also be interested in any other tire brands that do well in mud that are 32"

I may not make it back on the internet till next weekend
thanks

dirtcowboy

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985,1986(2),19
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.9, 4.6, 4.0, 6.8, 5.0x4
Transmission
Automatic
The Cooper SST is one of the worst tires I have ever used, tread pattern is useless and tire life is non existent. The regular ST is, however, one of the best tires I have ever used, great tread pattern and great tire life. TSL's are good for what they are built to do, go in mud. On the highway they just don't last. I would buy a Goodrich tire first and the Cooper ST next. I've used all of the tires I've listed on my work rides and my own trucks. The work trucks are about 60/40 road/dirt and my pov is about the opposite.

59bisquik

April 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
I am really happy with my Goodyear MTR Kevlars! They are about the same price as the others you are looking at. :icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals