• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Opinions on 89 b2

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
Need another vehicle and this one fits the bill. 89 b2, rebuilt 2.9 and rebuilt trans. The trans and transfer case are both manual. Idles very smooth and mileage is better then what I'm getting. All gauges work, Speedo is off, go figure. Needs buddy panels but I can get those flour a dime a dozen, I have doors sitting around already. Inside needs tlc. It's Leviticus live was a mudder but the current owner changed out the diffs due to they were welded, has the front one in the vehicle as proof. He's wanting 1200, I'm thinking 800, got him talked to 900. I just need something for getting to point A to B and back. The leak is a power steering line but all the fluids are good.

Sent from my rooted SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Seems a tad beat up for $800.

Andy D

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
The Rat
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
My credo
to prevent Found On the Road Dead, Fix Or Repair Daily
As long as points A and B aren't too far apart. Those arent dents from having the bee jeezus pounded out of it on the trails, thats patina :D

Lil-Pony

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Take a Guess
Engine Size
2.8 soon to be 4bt
Transmission
Automatic
Pull the trigger for 800

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Point A and B are three miles away. It will be so I can run the child to doctors appointments, get to work and use less fuel plus grocery getter.

Also tech the woman how to drive a stick shift.

Surrey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
With gas prices the way they are, I would be lookin' for a 4banger if thats all you need it for.

And that *does* look pretty beat up. Im honestly surprised its got all the windows.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
Well I paid $975 for my 84B2 that was running like crap and dumping gas all over the place last November. The interior is torn to hell, the exterior needs work, but it gets me from Point A to Point B now pretty reasonably. I think you should go lower on your price given the amount of damage, mine needs some rust issues fixed, but I'm kind of debating on what to do because I think come hunting season I can unload mine onto some hunter for around $1100-1200 and pick myself up another one in better condition. I'd definitely point out all the issues you have to fix and get the price down some more. Even if you do the work yourself, its still time and money you have to spend to get it right.

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I've pointed out what it needs, three guy is an RBV enthusiast too so he knows everything about it. He just used it for college to get around, he just graduated college and more or less trying to get something out of it.

It's getting 20mpg highway with the 2.9, much better then my 8-10mpg I'm getting with my 5.0 ranger that I needed to get the carb adjusted on.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
I don't know what my 84B2 gets for fuel economy, I just know a tank of gas in it lasts a lot longer than my full size truck going back and forth to work. I don't get outside of town anymore so I can't say what the real fuel economy is, I know I manage to get around 16-17mpg running around town, so I can imagine it would get close to 20mpg on the highway. The 10-12mpg compared to the 16-17mpg makes a huge difference when you are on an extremely tight budget. I'm forcing myself to save money, so my budget is always tighter than necessary, but I'm not sure what the future holds in my job so I am trying to do what I can with the least amount of money possible. That being said, you don't want to be paying a fortune for something that looks like they ran into everything they possibly could with it, then are trying to pawn it off on someone for a ridiculous price. That's way too much body damage for "Normal" use, I would definitely be negotiating the price down, or just simply walk away. Here in Idaho though, small vehicles like that same one will sell for around $1,200-1,400 because hunters want junk vehicles to go hunting in so they don't have to worry about dents and scratches, and come hunting season small 4x4's are at a premium LOL. However my neighbor did stop in a couple weeks ago asking if I wanted to sell him mine, I just said no because I've known him long enough that he wants stuff for nothing. I kind of like my bronco 2, so I don't really want to get rid of it, but hey if someone comes by and gives me enough cash I may take them up on the offer LOL.

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
After a million good rbv peoples opinions asking with common knowledge about what is going to cost for get the things fixed, I texted the guy saying 500. He said he can't do that so I said 600 I'd the highest shut to all the reasons listed above. He said 800 was the lowest he could go. I told him I'm going to have to pass but keep me in mind.

I know I was wanting it down to 800 but it's just to much for the condition. My dad bought my new current truck, stock condition has the typical body damage from being a farm truck, etc... 13 years ago for 500 and was worth the money then.

So in the morning I'm going to be going to some used vehicle dealerships with the father in law and see what I can afford. Would have tried for a personal back loan but due to having nothing for collateral, I'm stopping while I'm ahead on that.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals