• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

One Mean C10....

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I only modified one hub to make sure everything worked out, and it did.

I ordered new pads from LMC, had my rotors turned, then ground down the driver hub, and added a 5/16" spacer and 3/8" longer studs to allow access for the boss wheels. When dad gets his truck driving, we will just swap these hubs with his stock ones. The rears are not yet mounted because we are waiting for the 1 1/4" spacers to arrive. Since my pops wants a tire that is basically the same dimensions of a 31x10.50 on the back of a slammed truck, the tires don't quite agree with his decisions.

Underside of cowl hood is painted. Outside will be faux-tina'd this week and ready for install this weekend.

Last edited:

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I finally finished the topper I was working on for a buddy, and can get back to working on this.

I sanded and prepped the new hood, and I ground down the hubs so the wheels would fit. I had to add a 5/16" wheel spacer, along with 3/8" longer wheel studs. Now the wheels fit on the front

I have a set of 1 1/4" spacers for the rear, so that's today's project.

Also the new pads I ordered from LMC do not fit. I'm going to contact Southern KY Classics, where I got the disk brake conversion from, and find out what's going on. I also have a leaking caliper on the passenger side.

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Finally got the brakes done and all the wheels on...

Think I'm going to go back to my old wheels...

3.0ranger1227

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
New wheels would look better in chrome or red I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
The biggest deal is they rub in the front, and the computer needs to be programmed to the new rear tire size. If the wheels were mine, I'd clearance the inner fender, and reprogram the PCM, but since they are dads, they are coming off tonight.

3.0ranger1227

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Ah. Cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Steelies back on

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Worked on the cowl hood a little

Primed. The gun kept acting up, so it looked horrible. Oh well.

After some wet sanding, the black base was laid down.

Now to let it bake in the heat, and then wetsanding again to start the faux-tina.

Goal is to look similar to this

dieseldane

Supporting Member
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
B2
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
If it doesn't fit, force it!
Man I'll never understand the faux-tina thing. If I'm gonna put a lot of work into something, I want it to turn out nice! I kinda like the look it has now. But whatever floats your boat I suppose.

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
It will be shiny one day. Just trying something different.

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
You know those people that can't just leave well enough alone? I'm one of those people... Kristina says I have ADD, I tell her she is delusional, but who knows...

Yesterday I got the itch to make this thing different... I succeeded alright...

As you can see, I sanded the shit out of it. The cab is done with the exception of the hood, which will likely never be on this truck. I am going to swap clips to the 68 style now that I ruined a perfectly good truck. Oh well, just paint I guess

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
So last week, my pops backed his bobcat into Nasty. I was heartbroken to see my girly hurt.

So he pulled the grill off to try and fix it

Then I decided to go a different route...

Everything is disconnected from the doghouse...

Off with the clip

The one eyed front end is off to meet its new partner

While the clip was off, I went through inspecting all the problem areas of these trucks... Here is a shot of one spot... Overall, the only spot there is any rust is the outer rockers. That's awesome

Instead of buying me another $400+ chrome grill, Dad bought me a new radiator support and gave me a fender...

The grille and driver fender along with the hood that isn't installed yet I had off my cab from the Leftovers truck. This is as far as we got Saturday.

Plans are to get it wrapped up this week with a cowl hood, Euro style headlights, solid back window, and a new coat of Satin Black paint over the whole thing. No more flames or shop truck logo.

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
those are some good looking trucks! is the driver fender an aftermarket fender?
Thanks!

No. The driver fender is factory, the passenger fender is a painted aftermarket. Both inner fenders are factory. The passenger factory 68 fender was rotted out along the top of the fender well, and the inner fender was rotted real bad. Had a super straight factory GMC inner, and a dent/rust free jap fender, so we installed those two.

Worked on the ol gal a little yesterday afternoon.

Got everything mounted up but the hood. We still have to paint the inside of the hood before installing it, and I was by myself, so I just got all the little stuff done.

Also installed a new TPS hoping that would correct the late shifting from 1st problem, but it didn't. Going to take it to the mechanic and have him drop the pan, and do a service on it. If I had a lift, I'd do it myself, but this truck is too freakin low for me to crawl my fat ass under it

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Spent more time on the ol gal this weekend.

The initial plan was to just swap the clip, DA the whole thing, and shoot a coat of GM black and a matte clear. Well, then my pops decides he wants to fix the dents and dings in the bed... and the tailgate... and the doors... and the whole truck.

So this weekend while i was taking my exam, he installed the hood. The new-to-me hinges are bent, so it doesn't sit all the way right. This sucks, but I'll run it like this until i can afford new ones.

After the test, I went to his house and we got to work. At the end of the day, this is where we were at.

The driver fender and grille are factory GM parts. They were in great shape considering where they came from, and that they were not repos. There was one dent in the driver fender, and the mounting holes on the grille needed to be massaged to line up correctly. The spot in the middle lower portion of the grille was 3 dents. We used a stud gun to pull out the dents, then a body hammer to work on the high spots. This metal was not fun to work with due to it being so thin

I cut out the small rust spot and cleaned the inside of the hole. This picture shows where we set the fender and grille placement. It took a little work to get them to line up this well, but I think the end result is worth it.

So the passenger fender was a painted repo we picked up from a swap meet for 40 bucks. It was in great shape, other than the fact it was a repo. The problem was during the manufacturing process, a group of ripples was cast into the metal around the headlight bucket. Instead of leaving the ripples in there like the PO did, I broke out the flap wheel and sander and worked the area until i got all the ripples out. Then dad put a skim coat of filler to fill the grinding marks

The truck used to have a snap vinyl bed cover at some point. The button holes were still in the truck down both sides of the bed. We spot welded all the holes, then went to work leveling out the panels. Still a little wavy, but after a couple coats of high build primer, it will be nice.

The bottom section was a giant dent that happened a couple years ago when one of my dad's employees backed a trailer into the truck. We used the stud gun to pull it out, then a skim coat of filler again to help level everything back out.

We started working on the tailgate, getting all the dings across the top out.

Then I decided I wanted to go on and install my tailgate skin and relocation bracket. This is a factory lettered tailgate, so dad has been salivating over it for years. I told him to find me another tailgate, and this one was his. So he did.

This is where we stopped. I'll pick up my tailgate this week, then start fitting the skin and relocation bracket. I know a lot of guys on here see the filler and get upset, but you can still take a magnet and it will hold.

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
Looks like you been busy, as have I...

SVT

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals