• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

One hand washes the other type deal, ya dig

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I got me this lil 4.0 ranger a few years back, its my daily. I've since done quite a lot of work to it. A lot of it repairs mainly, So to make a big story short i can answer a lot of questions regarding these 4.0 OHV Pieces of joy. That being said I don't know everything YET> so ill have some questions of my own. Talk with ya soon Fellas.

Charlie

TexasRebel

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 2006
Make / Model
Ford, Nissan
Engine Size
4.0 in both
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
You live every day, you only die once...
Welcome to the station! What kind of problems did you have with it? Stuff caused by lack of maintenance by previous owners?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hey thanks brother! Its got this idle problem i just posted about in the NEED ADVICE ASAP section of the discussion. Let me know what ya think. But yes exactly the previous "owner/diy enthusiast" afro-fabbed the hell out of this poor thing and ive been in the process of doing it right since lol. Gotta love Craigslist

TexasRebel

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 2006
Make / Model
Ford, Nissan
Engine Size
4.0 in both
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Hey thanks brother! Its got this idle problem i just posted about in the NEED ADVICE ASAP section of the discussion. Let me know what ya think. But yes exactly the previous "owner/diy enthusiast" afro-fabbed the hell out of this poor thing and ive been in the process of doing it right since lol. Gotta love Craigslist
I know how the whole craigslist thing goes man. I bought my truck for $650 a few years back. Hasn't been on the road since. It started out as only needing a few minor things, but has turned into a full on tear-it-all-apart project.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Ey but aren't they all! I bought this thing going for straight daily ONLY. Engine is almost dialed in, next to come is longtravel n so fourth. You know how it goes.

TexasRebel

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 2006
Make / Model
Ford, Nissan
Engine Size
4.0 in both
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Ey but aren't they all! I bought this thing going for straight daily ONLY. Engine is almost dialed in, next to come is longtravel n so fourth. You know how it goes.
Yeah. Mine was supposed to be my first actual running and driving truck, but I ended up taking it a little further than that. I'm not too worried about getting it on the road soon though. I have my 2006 Nissan Xterra that was my moms and I got it when she passed away last August. It's pretty fast. Has the Nissan 4.0 v6 in it which pushes out 260hp and 281ft-lb of torque which is pretty good for a big suv.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Japanese engines are great bro! Higher compression, SOHC perhaps even a DOHC. Makes for a nice little powerhouse. Modding and fixing them is a different story though lol

TexasRebel

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 2006
Make / Model
Ford, Nissan
Engine Size
4.0 in both
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Japanese engines are great bro! Higher compression, SOHC perhaps even a DOHC. Makes for a nice little powerhouse. Modding and fixing them is a different story though lol
The 4.0 in the Xterra is a DOHC. I love it. I just don't even like thinking about having to work on it. The bad thing about just about all import motors is that they are zero tolerance. Everything has to be perfect when you build it or put it back together or you are going to end up with a oily paperweight.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
OILY PAPERWEIGHT! lol I was super into Honda. I still stand by their motors, they have a bad rep as ricers blah blah. I was in HS. Took me like a week to change the head out on a civic i had at the time. Cam gear and timing has to be spot on precise. I broke 3 ratchets trying to take off the underdrive pully because i had no idea it was reverse thread LMAO

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals