• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Older A4ld floor shift on newer tranny

greasemonkey6886

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I am planning on installing a A4ld out of a 92 sploder into my 89 BII and was wondering if the floor shifter and linkage from an 85 would work on the newer tranny. I know the 92 has a column shift and cable setup but I would rather have the floor shift if possible. This may have been asked before and if so I am sorry for asking again, just simply point me to the responces and I will go read them. thanks
Paul

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Duh!
Transmission
Automatic
u have to drill out the pin on the lever on the trans. ford only sells them by a 12pk i think. then u can use the floor shift arm of the 85 a4ld. i have the printout in my manual about it that came with all my b2 reciepts, when i find it ill post up a link to it. alot of people have done it, and going by the instructions doesnt seem too hard

greasemonkey6886

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Still going to hold onto the older tranny to build it up with upgradded aftermarket parts. That way if the newer one craps out then I have a spare thats built even better and without all the electronic solenoids that could cause problems.
Paul

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Duh!
Transmission
Automatic
aight i couldnt find the link online anymore its a broken link, but reading my thing i printed up heres what u have to do. there is a roll pin holding the arm on, theres like 1/16's of an inch sticking out. its when u take the pan off u can see it sticking down right below the shifter arm on the trans case. everything i have says to take it to a body shop and have them use one of there stud weld guns, then put a slide hammer on it to get it out. if u try it any other way u risk cracking the trans case. seems like a body shop wouldnt even charge your much if anything to weld a spot stud on the roll pin for u. it helps to have an assistant while u slide hammer it out to wiggle the lever to make sure there isnt any pressure on it. then put the floor shift style lver on(which will be upside down of the colum shift lever) and insert the new roll pin from ford

this is a mangled up roll pin hole where someone drilled it out, and ended up having to sleeve it

greasemonkey6886

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Ok thanks Dealer. It will be a little bit before I get around to this as I still have to get the cash for the donor first. Recieved pm by the way, I will get with you this weekend.
Paul

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Duh!
Transmission
Automatic
sweet, could i get u to check on some sploder leaves for me too? i kept wondering why i was getting ass sag on take off even with the aal...well my rear leaves look like a w...arched in the middle and the curver down at the end of the aal :icon_rofl:

greasemonkey6886

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Lol. You should feel the tail sag on the wifes when the 4.0 is unleashed. Her springs aren't even sagging yet either. I'm gonna go try to pull a PA body lift off a Ranger thats at the one jy saturday if it is still there. it has the extention for the steering,the radiator fan relocation mounts,and the bumper relocation brackets.Should be able to get the complete lift kit for 50 bucks.
Paul

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals