• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Old member, Introducing a new truck

evanesce69

GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Well my old 93 is gone, and the 94 Explorer Sport met a cow head on at 60 MPH... Family survived, the Explore did not. I now have a 96 Suepercab 4x4, 4.0 OHV, 4R55E auto, electric BW1354 tcase.
Shes got most of the parts from the other two trucks but with some major upgrades

Front Axle:

Cut-N-Turned D44 beams on factory pivot brackets,
Solo Motorsports D44 truss kit
Custom coil springs, +6 trim, -25% rate over the factory
D50 Third member with 5.13 Yukon gear mounted on a Yukon Grizzly locker.
The axle shafts are Yukon chromoly with the exception of the inner stub which is still the factory D50 unit.
I'm running Yukon Superjoints on the front shafts with their Hardcore Locking hubs.

Rear Axle:

Ford 9" from a 79 F150
5.13 Yukon gears mounted on a 35 spline Grizzly locker all inside a Yukon third member.
Yukon 35 spline axles
Disk brake conversion (though I do not know what brand as they were on the axle when I bought it)
Ruff Stuff anti-wrap bar setup
4" Skyjacker leaf springs

35x12.50R17 Gladiator QR900 MT's on 17x9 Black rock wheels.
These tires were on the Explorer until it's last fateful trip back in December. Family and I were headed to Crater of Diamonds State Park for a few days and then on to Hot Springs ORV Park for several days of wheeling.
Well, We were 30 minutes from or first stop when we hit the cow... It totally destroyed the Explorer but the Ole Girl kept us safe... I had a set of 27x12.50R17's on her at the time. Two tires were shredded, 3 rims destroyed.
The only wheel/tire combo that did get damaged was the one the was ripped off the vehicle at the spindle... Yup you heard that right, it ripped the spindle from the knuckle along with the brakes and everything else...

So I no longer have the 37's.... But he Solo Motorsports truss kit I had just finished Tig welding on the drivers side beam kept that side straight and bend free.

Maybe I'll do a write-up on the new Ranger... Drove 1400 miles one way from Bridge City Texas to Lexington Virgina back in April to get her... Blue paint and interior.... excellent condition with relatively low miles at 118K. The engine runs super smooth and is bone stock for now.
The engine from above is now on my engine stand and will be going the new Ranger later when the stock one kicks the bucket. The current motor just runs too dam good to mess with yet. Did have to go throught the transmission as the 96 would not move under its own power.
The transmission was trashed... royally! All clutches burnt, put gear split, torque converter trashed... that transmission was abused hard.

I've got lots of pictures but will have to get them all sorted out...

tayloru

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Would love to see pics of the new Ranger! a build on any of Solo's stuff has gotta be good, especially one on 35s at that.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals