• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Okay, so what the hell is an (intake manifold runner control?)

dorman68

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Thanks. Glad to help a fellow Ranger owner out!!

NewShockerGuy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Be careful when you're messing around with the vaccuum hoses where they attach to the accuator. I broke the accuator and ended up spending $200 to replace it. All because I was impatient & not paying attention.

I know this an old thread but I am looking for some guidance.

Curious how did you break the actuator? The arm or the electronic plug on it..? etc?

OP: Did the new IMRC valve work?

I just replaced my worn out intake manifold on my 2001 2.3L because the runner control flaps were making a clacking noise. Replaced with new OEM intake manifold and now I got the stupid check engine line and same error p1537.... I double checked EVERYTHING and all vacuum lines are connected.. The only thing I am reading is that the valve could be bad, but I didn't have this check engine light before install....

I ordered new valve and hopefully will get that this week so I can see if it fixes the issue...

IF that doesn't then I guess I will put the old intake manifold back on and see what happens.... such a PITA..

-Nigel

zolar1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Automatic
No IMRC?

I looked but my ranger does not have an IMRC?

I even looked up a brand new intake and for my truck it does not have one or any place for one.

If I did have a bad IMRC, what would be the symptoms?

Mine runs rough when cold but smooths out somewhat when it warms up.
Truck GUZZLES GAS when cold till it fully warms up. Truck shakes like a broken motor mount sometimes but mounts are tight.

2008 ranger xlt 2.3L auto trans. w/air.

Racking my brains out here over what is wrong. Replacing plugs did help a little.

I used MAF cleaner and cleaned the MAF and MAP sensors. Interestingly enough the MAP sensor likes to get all gummed up with black sticky stuff.

Dunno why either. No codes.

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I looked but my ranger does not have an IMRC?

I even looked up a brand new intake and for my truck it does not have one or any place for one.

If I did have a bad IMRC, what would be the symptoms?

Mine runs rough when cold but smooths out somewhat when it warms up.
Truck GUZZLES GAS when cold till it fully warms up. Truck shakes like a broken motor mount sometimes but mounts are tight.

2008 ranger xlt 2.3L auto trans. w/air.

Racking my brains out here over what is wrong. Replacing plugs did help a little.

I used MAF cleaner and cleaned the MAF and MAP sensors. Interestingly enough the MAP sensor likes to get all gummed up with black sticky stuff.

Dunno why either. No codes.

IMRC is only on the 01-03 trucks. Ford eliminated it starting in 04. It's common for people with 01-03 trucks to use the 04+ intake manifold to avoid IMRC issues. So you can stop worrying about that being the cause of your issues.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals