• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

OK, somebody pinch me...Amazon mistake leads to Ranger Mod..

Tominator

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 S-Trim 450HP
Transmission
Manual
Where do I start? Browsing Amazon, and I'm a Prime Member, just happen to find aluminum radiators...since my James Duff V8 conversion radiator just ain't hacking the cooling of my motor...

'97 to '04 Mishimoto Mustang rad for $25...SHIPPED!...And there was a SN95 radiator for the same price!

Expecting Amazon to not honor the price, and I would not have complained as it was an obvious mistake, I ordered both.....

Got the first one this week and have a tracking number for the other.....:icon_confused:

I've had a SEVERE overheating problem pushing 450HP and getting enough fan to push air past the radiator....So now I have a $25 radiator to work with...can you say Merry Christmas?:yahoo:

The SN95 is far to large, but the other one....:icon_idea:

Il Brutto

02/2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
If it ain't broke...fix it before it does.
Consider yourself pinched! Sweet deal!

Teddyzee

December 2011 STOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L HO, GT40 heads, GT40 intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster muffl
Transmission
Manual

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
25 bucks, and free two day shipping? Awesome!

I love Amazon Prime. I'm buying more and more there, and less and less on Ebay.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Where do I start? Browsing Amazon, and I'm a Prime Member, just happen to find aluminum radiators...since my James Duff V8 conversion radiator just ain't hacking the cooling of my motor...

'97 to '04 Mishimoto Mustang rad for $25...SHIPPED!...And there was a SN95 radiator for the same price!

Expecting Amazon to not honor the price, and I would not have complained as it was an obvious mistake, I ordered both.....

Got the first one this week and have a tracking number for the other.....:icon_confused:

I've had a SEVERE overheating problem pushing 450HP and getting enough fan to push air past the radiator....So now I have a $25 radiator to work with...can you say Merry Christmas?:yahoo:

The SN95 is far to large, but the other one....:icon_idea:

That is a great find. Post a photo of it. I could not find that radiator today when I was in Amozon Prime. Where did you find it?

Tominator

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 S-Trim 450HP
Transmission
Manual
I think they made a mistake. Also was a Mustang '79 manual for $75. All of them up to $225.00 or higher.

The surprising thing is that they did not notice the pricing mistake! It took them a week to send the second one and tracking shows it will be here wed.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
I think they made a mistake. Also was a Mustang '79 manual for $75. All of them up to $225.00 or higher.

The surprising thing is that they did not notice the pricing mistake! It took them a week to send the second one and tracking shows it will be here wed.
I saw the normal prices on some of the raditors were sliced by a large amout. Did you notice the original price with the red slash through the price and the sale price? Is that what you bought? Good deal...that was a get rid of an item price!!

demon-fx4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
awesome deal i am pretty sick of evilbay and i been checking amazon alot more too.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Last edited:

Tominator

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 S-Trim 450HP
Transmission
Manual
Did you notice the original price with the red slash through the price and the sale price?
No slash through the original price. Knew it was a clerical error so I watched the price for a couple of days and no change except the available quantity so figured what the heck. The one for the '07-'04 Mustang was supposed to be for a standard transmission but they sent one for an auto. It's already here and the tracking number shows the other, SN 95 Mustang, is due to deliver tomorrow.:D

Now I've got to find a couple days to do the install. Major surgery getting a radiator in front of the radiator support and a Mark VIII fan where the radiator is now! Have to eliminate the hood latch so ordering these instead of plain ole hood pins...

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
No slash through the original price. Knew it was a clerical error so I watched the price for a couple of days and no change except the available quantity so figured what the heck. The one for the '07-'04 Mustang was supposed to be for a standard transmission but they sent one for an auto. It's already here and the tracking number shows the other, SN 95 Mustang, is due to deliver tomorrow.:D

Now I've got to find a couple days to do the install. Major surgery getting a radiator in front of the radiator support and a Mark VIII fan where the radiator is now! Have to eliminate the hood latch so ordering these instead of plain ole hood pins...

Those look great!!! Reminds me of my superstock drag cars that were street legal yeas ago. Hold that hood down....lol

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
It looks to me that the list prices are off by two decimal points....a clerical error.
Of course, a simple clerical error isn't a news story ;)

Richard
Well, I guess if the site has thousands of calls or emails from confused buyers it would be news worthy. I was wondering about it as well last week when I was buying some guitar equipment...some prices were slashed over 90% and some were overpriced by 50%....:icon_confused:

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals