• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Off roading kit for my 94 b2300

kolbylane17

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual

Im rebuilding a 1994 mazda b2300 and i want to make it into a prerunner kinda style.:icon_hornsup: This is going to be my daily driver for a bit and i wanna dress it up. The front end is sagging, its beat up, its ugly, im trying to give it the tlc it needs. I can weld so i dont have any problem building anything and i have access to a fully equipped shop. :icon_welder: Anything yall can tell me will help. Thanks

94 lngbd

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
the cheapest kit is Rough Country,However its also cheaply made. I would go with ProComps 5" lift kit at $900 which includes everything. Or piece a kit together by search Craigslist or the clasified section here on TRS. I have a 94 Ranger with 5.5 custom lift with day star leveling bushings up front. Truck sits level & has room for 32" with out any trimming. To run a larger tire then a 30" with the 4 cyl you will want to have rear end regeared. I have 33s & will be gettting 8.8 rear end from explorer regeared to 4.88.

The pic as a flat bed was a temporary build ,but those are 30" tires in that pic. Trucks in the paint shop today getting a new paint job. WRX Blue

Last edited:

kolbylane17

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
If i was to do a kit that i put together would you recommend skyjacker coils and shocks for the entire setup they one i found has a 6 inch lift because i am going to need some serious travel to be able to do what i want plus run 30's under it.

PanamaExpat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4 liter
Transmission
Manual
Don't you think you will be a little short on power with just a 2.3?

crazypj

Reaction score
Altamonte Springs Fl./Bridgend South Wales
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
As long as it's re-geared low enough to keep it in a decent rev range, power isn't a problem.
It will be awfully slow though (3mph@6,000rpm :icon_rofl:)

kolbylane17

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Im getting a new motor (4.0L V6 supercharged with LS1 heads and a five speed transmission) for it sometime here pretty soon. Right now it is used for driving every once in awhile i am borrowing another truck off a buddy so the truck sits in the garage waiting to be worked on. I figured id do the cheapest part first and see if i have to get some beefed up coils for the front of it later depending on how it rides. Right now its supercharged and it flies.

PanamaExpat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4 liter
Transmission
Manual
Sounds cool man.. Post pics and keep us updated on your progress.

kolbylane17

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
alright made things simple

i went and bought new skyjacker lift coil springs and the shocks out of a f-150 from a junkyard i got the shocks on but im having trouble with taking off the sagging coil springs and putting the new skyjacker 4inch coil springs on
:icon_thumby:
....if anybody knows how to do it because i cant find how to anywhere

PanamaExpat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4 liter
Transmission
Manual
HMMMM... somewhere I have pics of the front end all apart. I'll have to dig them out. Anyhow I would if I were you drop the whole front axle off the truck and do everything from the pivot bushings out. You may also need to locate a coil spring compressor to aid you in getting the springs into the buckets. I took a couple cable clamps and made up a custom bent t-bolt type of thing to keep the springs in the buckets once I got them there. However I have seen guys just add a couple of hose clamps but that doesn't look too solid to me.

UrbanRedneckKid

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Im getting a new motor (4.0L V6 supercharged with LS1 heads and a five speed transmission)
Whoa whoa whoa! Wtf are you talking about here? Never heard of such a thing. Please elaborate on putting LS1 SBC heads on a 4.0L.

kolbylane17

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
i have a project car in the back of my shop

i have a 94 ford thunderbird 4.0l v6 supercharged ls1 heads on it that my dad has been working forever i bought it from him he has told me all the info so im going on what he says i dont know much about it but im having a mechanic look at in a few weeks to see if i can use it. It was a drag car and was raced at a local track so who knows

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals