• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Off roading in Oregon

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Making your own trails is frowned upon... And there aren't many exceptions, at all.

Wheeling illegally, is not only bad for your wallet when you get caught, but bad for the sport, and those who enjoy it, like myself. Going off trail, gets trails closed, and gives wheelers a bad name. Do your part and stay on legal trails, and trail systems.
That is my point of view, and if you don't like it, oh well. If you don't have trails near by, then either drive to them and pay for the gas, or move so that you are closer to them. A sheriff is not going to buy the "there are no trails around here" line, when you get caught on someones property.

WIDTIO

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Try wagonwheel park.

Its in Mulino Oregon, located off highway 213 and accross from the golf course. Last time I went there it was filled with mud so it was a good time! Just whatever you do DON'T attempt to cross the river, not only will you get stuck, get caught, and fined, but they've threaten to close the place due to it.

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
I grew up in Tillamook... moved to timber and went to school in both Vernonia and Banks...TSF is far enough away from Portland to get some good wheeling...... even just driving the fire roads from Cochrane to Jone's creek can be challenging..... used to be good wheeling around Timber but they made that whole area a horse park.

The problem with the whole area is that the 3 big logging companies own or have timber rights to a majority of that area.

Jake1

Reaction score
Try wagonwheel park.

Its in Mulino Oregon, located off highway 213 and accross from the golf course. Last time I went there it was filled with mud so it was a good time! Just whatever you do DON'T attempt to cross the river, not only will you get stuck, get caught, and fined, but they've threaten to close the place due to it.
That would be great its only 20 minuts away. I just looked at google maps of wagonwheel park but were do you drive I just see a river with trees and a golf course on the other?

WIDTIO

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That would be great its only 20 minuts away. I just looked at google maps of wagonwheel park but were do you drive I just see a river with trees and a golf course on the other?
heres a vid, not the most impressive but shows some of the park.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu4pr0tivAA
it says mollala but i think its considered mulino.

mrfishjosh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Try wagonwheel park.

Wow i just found this... I live about 4mi from here. just off 213. I can go there anytime! I've always wanted to go there, I usually go to Goat mtn. Or dickie prarie park, bout 20mi outta molalla. theres no real place to mud, but I go pidgon shooting with friends. I work in canby so ya this is all pretty close. There a place my friends go to, they have left me behind everytime cuz I had to work... But I will find out where it is, I saw the vids its an awsome place. Not to far from canby, and theres snow this time of year... Any way I'm usually up for wheelin, I'll try to check back so I know when ya'll are goin...

Dickie prarie park is the other side of goat mtn. (estacada - Molalla -ish)

yodaman1151

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
http://s271.photobucket.com/albums/jj158/yodaman1151/Goat Mtn Feb 09/

goat is alot of fun just drive out hillockburn rd. which is the estacada side but i hear the colton side is a lot better. hillockburn would be great if your truck is stock thats where i've always gone with nothin bigger than 31's.

WAGON WHEEL IS CLOSED! has been for about 8 months... they have a sign that the only reason you should go past the gate is to launch or retrieve a boat. besides you get bored at wagon wheel in about 30 mins its only like an acre or 2 big. ive drowned a couple of trucks there and last time i went i did EVERYTHING in 2wd and 31's

mrfishjosh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
are those pics at hillockburn rd? where about is that at? off 211?

yodaman1151

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
um... yeah off hilllock burn but i dont know what highway. we take redland rd out to springwater rd. then it turns to the right and it crosses hwy(?) and turns into hillockburn then you just drive around till you find a trail basically. lately we been going towards the towers. you live in mulino? you probably bought parts from me... i work at autozone in oregon city

here is where we go

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Oregon+City&1s=OR&1z=97045&1y=US&1l=45.3394&1g=-122.5747&1v=ZIP&2c=Colton&2s=OR&2y=US&2l=45.172199&2g=-122.436699&2v=CITY#b/maps/m:map:11:45.242919:-122.345442::::::1:1::::/l:::Oregon+City:OR:97045:US:45.3394:-122.5747:zip::1:::/l::S+Springwater+Rd:::::45.272663:-122.359565:latlng::2:::/l::S+Springwater+Rd:::::45.24242:-122.339767:latlng::2:::/l::S+Springwater+Rd:::::45.240924:-122.328742:latlng::2:::/l:::Dodge:OR::US:45.215:-122.301102:city:Clackamas+County:1:::/io:1:::::f:en_US:M::/bl:/e

Last edited:

high_tech_redneck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
[Making your own trails is frowned upon... And there aren't many exceptions, at all.

Wheeling illegally, is not only bad for your wallet when you get caught, but bad for the sport, and those who enjoy it, like myself. Going off trail, gets trails closed, and gives wheelers a bad name. Do your part and stay on legal trails, and trail systems.
That is my point of view, and if you don't like it, oh well. If you don't have trails near by, then either drive to them and pay for the gas, or move so that you are closer to them. A sheriff is not going to buy the "there are no trails around here" line, when you get caught on someones property.]

pipe down crazy we use old cat trails its not like we just go cut down trees an make trails so stop your preechin

92_ranger_danger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
u could always try shotgun park in marcola its pretty tight my friends go there often and right now is the best time to go

necessaryevil

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Try wagonwheel park.

CLOSED!!!! only boat launches now, they chained off everything.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals