• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Odds Bodkins!!

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
So, back on May 4, coming home from work one fine rainy evening, raining so hard it was like driving in a lake, trucked stalled out on me a mile from home. Parked it, went back the next day, wouldn't start. I scanned for codes and had four usual codes, P0133, 0171, 0174, and 0401 (I know what they are). Also had a 0340 (Cam position sensor code). Ford programs the thing that if that code is present, it won't start due to assumed lack of oil pressure. So, I replaced it, still NADA. Pulled the negative terminal and let it sit for three days. Went back on a Saturday, May 7, hooked it up and it started right up.

Fast forward to today. Check engine light, which has been on forever (see above) is no longer on. Yes, it's on when the key is first turned on. Scanned it for codes, NONE. Five monitors are INC, EVAP, EGR, CATALYST, O2 Sensor and O2 Heater. Oddly enough, the EGR has been deleted, so that 0401 should light up the light. I've driven it more than a dozen times. You can't tell me that pulling the negative cable for three days fixed the slow o2 sensor, the lean bank 1 and 2, and the deleted EGR. But, I've put almost 300 hundred miles on it since I got it running May 7, and all codes are gone.

And btw, runs flat out awesome. Starts and runs like nothing is wrong.

WEIRD!!

Last edited:

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I put it in the forum for the correct year vehicle. LMAO!!

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
Being that we don't have a hope and pray or hail Mary forum's... I moved it to the 3.0L one.

Carry on....

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hope and Pray, Hail Mary. LOL! I had been thinking when it wasn't running, just have it towed to a Pick-A-Part if It won't start. Didn't really care one way or the other. I would've just gone and bought another "beater" to take it's place. But, all seems right with the world. It was running great before that happened, and it still is.

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
The Ranger gods have shined a light on you. Count your blessings and keep it moving. IF the codes ever come back, you already know what they're for.

Stumblefoot

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Glad it worked out. Like you I doubt the reboot would fix the egr delete and other codes. But, if CEL comes on with KOEO then the bulb isn't burnt

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals