• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

NRA, free membership

warrior24

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Awesome, thanks I plan on getting my CCW in July when I turn 21 and a handgun, XD 45 acp

LittleHorse

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
different states do it different ways. I've heard New Mexico allows you to carry concealed without even a license.

Frankly I think it's a terrible idea to give someone a concealed carry license without giving them any instruction on when they are and aren't legally justified to use it. It's a great way to land a prison term, not to mention giving the entire gun lobby a bad name when they go out and do something stupid for simply being uninformed.

Oklahoma requires a one-day class, a passing score on an absurdly easy 15 question multiple choice test on gun safety, and to shoot 50 rounds through your handgun. I did the class last night, tonight was the shooting.

I felt sorry for the people who had to shoot 50 rounds through something small like a kel tec or a ruger LCP (for example my wife lol), having to load 6 rounds at a time and a tiny little gun with a ton of recoil. My XD-9 is like freakin cadillac compared to that. I was done with 50 rounds about the time my wife was through her 3rd 6 round clip, so I loaded my two magazines back up and let her fire mine for the last 26 rounds.

I did not feel sorry for the guy who ran his mouth through the whole class like he was some hardcore gun guy that knew everything, and then had to bandage his hand after he got bit by the slide from not knowing how to hold a pistol.

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
I want to see someone run 50 rounds through my Colt Delta Elite. :shok:

quite simply it stings, wrist and elbow.

Not to mention the heartache of losing even a single piece
of my Norma Brass....

AD

RedRanger888

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I felt sorry for the people who had to shoot 50 rounds through something small like a kel tec or a ruger LCP (for example my wife lol), having to load 6 rounds at a time and a tiny little gun with a ton of recoil. My XD-9 is like freakin cadillac compared to that. I was done with 50 rounds about the time my wife was through her 3rd 6 round clip, so I loaded my two magazines back up and let her fire mine for the last 26 rounds.
Either one of the pistols I have now would take a while for the 50 shot thing: a six shot .22 revolver, and a .50 cal single shot muzzle loader. That one would take forever, and if it was an indoor range they'd probably chase ya out for smokin' up the place!:icon_rofl:

Twitch57

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
Already a member but ill spread the word, thanks.

Not sure if joining the nra without supporting them is gonna do all that much good.

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
different states do it different ways. I've heard New Mexico allows you to carry concealed without even a license.

Frankly I think it's a terrible idea to give someone a concealed carry license without giving them any instruction on when they are and aren't legally justified to use it. It's a great way to land a prison term, not to mention giving the entire gun lobby a bad name when they go out and do something stupid for simply being uninformed.

Oklahoma requires a one-day class, a passing score on an absurdly easy 15 question multiple choice test on gun safety, and to shoot 50 rounds through your handgun. I did the class last night, tonight was the shooting.

I did not feel sorry for the guy who ran his mouth through the whole class like he was some hardcore gun guy that knew everything, and then had to bandage his hand after he got bit by the slide from not knowing how to hold a pistol.

you got literature on this. last I heard (a while ago when I got my Utah non-resident CCW that has reciprocity with 37 states) you could carry openly in New Mexico but you needed a permit to carry concealed.

swamprat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Already a member but ill spread the word, thanks.

Not sure if joining the nra without supporting them is gonna do all that much good.
I am going to join for free and when I go back to work full time I will just donate some cash. I have donated 10 bucks at the last 2 guns shows in town anyway.

swamprat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
called the NRA and they are working on the email notification problems. They said that they are getting swamped by new memberships and overloading the system.

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Their membership center has been swamped since Obama was elected....:icon_surprised:

I can't imagine why...:rolleyes:

AD

RedneckSTX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I became a life member when I got out of high school which made me a third generation life member and I am glad to see all you guys joining we need all the members we can get right now I will spread the word about this free membership thing and I hope everybody else on here will too thanks for joining the fight

Viva*the*Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Just joined guys! Been meaning to for ever now. Thanks for posting this up.:icon_thumby:

canyoncritter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Willys,Ford,Jee
Transmission
Manual
Your welcome everyone.Glad the link was put to good use!

And if you buy some bulk ammo this year, donate a few bucks to the NRA., round up your bill to the nearest 5 or 10.

skippy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l durasparked rice killer
Transmission
Manual

canyoncritter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Willys,Ford,Jee
Transmission
Manual
any one else get thier memebership yet?....I got mine last week.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Same. Still haven't gotten around to putting that sticker on the Ranger. Haha.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals