• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Now this is what I'm talking about

MountainMike

Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
245 CID
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
My credo
The fun begins where the pavement ends
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/11/23/us-border-patrol-ford-svt-raptor-spy-shots/

"What the U.S. Federal Government wants, the U.S. Federal Government gets. And what the Customs and Border Protection division of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security wanted were at least 10 Ford SVT Raptor pickup trucks to patrol the area where Arizona borders with Mexico. Only problem is that Ford puts a standard leather interior in all its Raptor trucks, which is evidently against the ordering preferences of the Feds.

So, what to do? Put in an extra-special order with Ford, make a few phone calls (give us what we want... or else...) and patiently await delivery – a truckload of specially liveried pickups that Autoblog reader Matt happened photograph and send in to us. We went ahead and contacted Ford to be sure that it managed to deliver the authorities the Raptors it wanted, and we got an affirmative... sort of.

Ford would need the actual Vehicle Identification Numbers of the trucks to confirm individual equipment levels, and we're not about to march on down to Southern Arizona to grab them. But Ford says the Feds did order Raptors without leather and that the Blue Oval Bosses complied. So we're going with a definite probably. Have a look for yourself below."

Keep it civil guys, this isn't about Mexicans, this isn't about politics. It's merely about how badass this truck looks in white and a great overkill use of its off road abilities.

kunar

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.8l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD

mn_smokeater

Firefighter
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.4L V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
that looks absolutely fawking mean. i think id bout crap myself seeing that tearing across the desert after meh

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
thats my chance to ride in one!!!

ill go and try to hop that border, and will leave em to catch me, so they take me on one of those beasts to jail.

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder
Sweet score for Home Land Security.

Captain Ledd

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, 2.3
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you're not making mistakes, you're not learning.
I never understood that thing about the "we don't offer that in this trim level". The freakin things go down the same assembly line. Just put the different parts on.

Shoot, the Europeans and Japanese have single assembly lines for several completely different models.

Still badass though. If only everyone else can get their hands on some of these stripped down beasts.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
thats my chance to ride in one!!!

ill go and try to hop that border, and will leave em to catch me, so they take me on one of those beasts to jail.
thats hilarious i lold,

and that is bad ass but sooo much overkill.

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I was having some recall work done on my Duramax and they had the first one in the area they said in Chico Ca.I really liked it but I was most surprised by the sticker somewhere in the low 50s i'm thinking it was.

GoodOld85BlueBalls

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2010/2013
Make / Model
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
3.0Powerstroke/3.5 EcoBoost
Transmission
Manual

These are actual solar powerd beacons on the border that just went active couple months back. The third language is a indian one.

They will arive in a Raptor to arrest you. Push the button RSH and get your free ride! LOL!

dirtcowboy

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985,1986(2),19
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.9, 4.6, 4.0, 6.8, 5.0x4
Transmission
Automatic
No, they won't arrive in a Raptor to arrest you. Look at the pics again. Notice the "supervisor" decal? These things are going to the upper management pogues to drive from home to work, just like the Rubicon Jeeps and the Hummers we got years ago. Lots of parades and dog/pony shows. For each one of these trucks they could have gotten 2 working rides for the troops to drive. Bunch'a bullshit, style over substance....AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thefinger:

FYI, I don't know who wrote the article above but they are completely full of shit, those trucks, just like every other vehicle the dhs buys, comes from the fleet assembly line to a prison in Texas where they get the cop shit installed. IF they removed the leather seats, VERY, VERY, UNLIKELY, they would just replace them with stock F-150 seats from the doggie handler rides. Ain't gonna happen.

Last edited:

Xandor

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88, 89, 89
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 2.9 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
Sry, cool as they are I don't think they needed to spend $50,000 tax dollars on over the top trucks.

Last edited:

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Comeon goverment surplus auctions

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

• ZMan
    Forum Staff Member

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals