• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Not yet a Ranger owner

TimberMoto

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Hey all, I'm an owner to be from Oregon. I've driven a few Rangers as company vehicles and loved them, so I'm planning on picking up a late model 4x4 version in the next few months. I've been looking for a while, but haven't found the right one yet. My goal is to set it up for some mild Overlanding trips while still being able to daily drive it and haul around my dogs. My plan is to do the Rough Country 5" kit and 33" tires. I have lots of questions, but I will save them for another thread.

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Welcome Timber. Let us know soon as you've been through the grinder a few times, haha, good luck :)

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.

projectRanger93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger STX
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
235/75-R15
There's other threads on here where people post their trucks for sale or trucks they've found online. You might give it a look, see if anything is nearby you or gives you a better idea of how much the trucks are going for.

Ford Rangers for Sale
eBay Craigslist Finds

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
Welcome to TRS...

There are still some nice later model Rangers to be had... just be ready to pay up a little for the right one. I did this very thing a couple years back when I bought my 06 Sport. The only regret I have with it... it's a 2 door cab. The area behind the seats in an extended cab is far more functional with the extra set of doors. Keep that in mind during your search. If you are set on 5 inch RC lift this won't matter as much... but in 08 forward they lowered the ride height of the 4x4's by removing the rear lift block and re-indexing the front torsion keys. My stock ride height 06 sit's on 265/75/16 tires (31.9 inch) and with a little tweaking in the front I believe it will clear 33x10.50x15's. I still have a nice set of 15 inch Alcoa wheels from a past project for this very thing.

There are several folks on here to pull inspiration from for your new truck... Good Luck and let us see what you end up buying.

Oxxon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Hello and welcome to TRS!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals