• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Northwest Prerunners?????

Rat City Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I live in Seattle, and I realize that it's not exactly California or Arizona, but I love the look of baja prerunners. My question is, is there ANY northwest Prerunners out there in existance???? I'm currantly in the process of building a front bumper setup along with various suspension ideas I'm throwing around for my 01 4x4. I know I'm probably gonna have a unique truck when I'm done, but it would be awesome to hear from anyone who has or had my same idea, thanks!!!!!

Loanranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989/
Make / Model
Ford/
Fordzuki
Engine Size
2.9/2.3
Transmission
Manual
I've seen a few Rangers out on the road that looked pretty cool, haven't gotten a chance to see any up close, but I think if that's the kindof stuff you're into, then go for it. There are places to play around with a prerunner, unfortunately none of them are very close. But you could always head over to moses, or down to oregon and hit the dunes.

Rat City Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for the input!

Moses Lake and Coos bay are definately on my list of places to to when it's all done, hopefully soon. I've seen a late-model F150 running around with flares and long travel suspension, VERY sick, but still no Rangers :(

I took a trip to So-Cal a couple of weeks ago with the little lady and I was in sensory overload, Prerunners are like a dime-a-dozon down there! :headbang:

Loanranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989/
Make / Model
Ford/
Fordzuki
Engine Size
2.9/2.3
Transmission
Manual
When I first moved into the house I'm in, I did some bodywork and paint on an F250 that was pretty nice, fiberglass fenders and bedsides, reinforced frame, stinger front and tube rear bumpers, and longtravel suspension. The guy I worked on it for had pictures of it 20 feet in the air on some dunes. Pretty nice truck, but not my cup of tea.

Red88XLT

Reaction score
You talkin somthin like this?
I don't remeber where I found this pic so I don't have any details, but its good inspiration I guess.

canyoncritter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Willys,Ford,Jee
Transmission
Manual
that truck looks like the magazine editors of fourwheeler's truck.beliive dixonbrothers did all the fab work on it.

mkpecor

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger 4x4
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
here in covington there are acouple, on craigslist there is a sick pree runner 4 sale in isaqha. its sick.

Rat City Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for the pics of the F250, I love the front and rear bumpers, almost identical to what I'm fabbing up for mine. Great stuff! nice work on the flares as well!

Loanranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989/
Make / Model
Ford/
Fordzuki
Engine Size
2.9/2.3
Transmission
Manual
One thing that isn't obvious, but I think was pretty cool, is the rear license plate was on a plate with a square tube that slid into the reciever hitch. There was even a light on it that plugged into the trailer plug.

Rat City Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
That's a damn good idea, keeps it nice and clean. I'll have to keep that in mind! Thanks!!!!

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I saw a pretty cool black (I think it might have been flat black, it was dark out at the time) Ranger with what was obviously long travel 2wd suspension, in Auburn the day.

Not a Ranger, but I also saw a pretty cool Toyota Tacoma prerunner parked on Mainstreet in Auburn, last Friday. It had some big ass shock on it!!

Rat City Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hey, thanks for the props!

Yep, we are local to Eastern WA. But, we have crew from Seattle and Portland. It is great to see some more prerunners up here! We need to start a movement ....

That was gonna be my next question, whether or not anyone has gone to any of the desert races, but it looks like that was answered for me, very cool!

high_tech_redneck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
im building my truck to be a prerunner type im getting flared front fenders and bedsides then i got some front end work to do and engine mods itll be fun:icon_welder:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals