• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Noob From Boise, ID

428CJ

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My name is Ian and I am from Boise, Idaho. I am a Ford guy through and through. My family has like 8 Ford's right now, a 66 and 69 Mustang, 72 F100, 78 Bronco, 6.4 Powerstroke, and a 1997 B4000 among others. Basically, my dad buys something and never sells it lol.

I just sold my first car, a 1988 Foxbody Mustang. It was a great car, here are some pics:

Now that I sold that car I'm am looking into a Ranger or Xj to build up some. Smaller lift and some 31-33's and a nice stereo or something.

Also, here are some pics of the Bronco, F100, and B4000.

Also, some of you guys may recognize this bad ass ranger lol:

I don't really know if I will get a ranger or another foxbody or something else, but this seems like a good forum to be a part of and hopefully answer any questions I have during my quest for a new vehicle lol.

dhkonrad

2013 Offroad TOTY
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
2013 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Glad to see you on here!
Its funny, another guy on here and I were just commenting on your truck on an instagram photo.

Your dad sounds about like mine with buying vehicles and never selling them...
Are you from around Boise, or just here for school? What are you studying?

Last edited:

428CJ

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I grew up here but moved on campus for school to be close to everything. I am an Electrical Engineering major with a Physics minor and so far its pretty good.

I was gonna park next to you again today after I went out but didn't want to squeeze between you and another car. That thing can be a bear in the parking lot lol. 35's with manual steering=no fun at slow speeds haha.

Did you go out to Pleasant Valley? I live out that way and see a shitload of people heading out their after every rain.

dhkonrad

2013 Offroad TOTY
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
2013 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I grew up here but moved on campus for school to be close to everything. I am an Electrical Engineering major with a Physics minor and so far its pretty good.

I was gonna park next to you again today after I went out but didn't want to squeeze between you and another car. That thing can be a bear in the parking lot lol. 35's with manual steering=no fun at slow speeds haha.

Did you go out to Pleasant Valley? I live out that way and see a shitload of people heading out their after every rain.
Gotcha. What year are you? or more specifically what classes? I am studying Mechanical Engineering.

Yeah, the parking garage is quite cramped to fit into spots...

Umm. In all honesty, I don't really know where I went. Someone was directing me. I went out into the desert past the prison and towards the military base? I think that's pleasant valley but I'm not sure.

428CJ

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
For me, it was a toss up between ME and EE but I eventually chose EE. I am a freshman, but came in with 29 credits. I am kind of all over with classes though. I'm taking my first math class here next semester, which is Diff Eq, along with Phys 212 (even though I already have credit for it), ENGR 120, and Comp Sci 121.

And that is Pleasant Valley, I live out their in BFE lol. I usually just ride my dirt bike out there, but my friend and I have gone rallying in his pos 2wd s10 before. Its surprising what a 2wd truck can go up when you hit a hill going way faster than you should lol.

dhkonrad

2013 Offroad TOTY
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
2013 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
For me, it was a toss up between ME and EE but I eventually chose EE. I am a freshman, but came in with 29 credits. I am kind of all over with classes though. I'm taking my first math class here next semester, which is Diff Eq, along with Phys 212 (even though I already have credit for it), ENGR 120, and Comp Sci 121.

And that is Pleasant Valley, I live out their in BFE lol. I usually just ride my dirt bike out there, but my friend and I have gone rallying in his pos 2wd s10 before. Its surprising what a 2wd truck can go up when you hit a hill going way faster than you should lol.
I see. Starting off with DE isn't a bad start.
I was kinda hoping you would be in some of my classes, but no dice lol.

Funny, I just described out there to someone as "BFE" not two hours ago haha. One of these times were headed out there I should hit you up!

Woogie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Welcome aboard. Always nice to see someone else from Boise, especially with a B-series. Not too many around here, I've noticed. :)

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Welcome of course! Seems like you know several here already. Nice stang, Shane from SLC has a really sharp '89'. Had to ask about the 428CJ, got one in one of them Fords?
Dave

428CJ

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My dad has a champagne gold 1969 Mach 1 with a 428CJ, 4 speed, shaker, etc. He has had it since he was 18 but is still being restored, ever so slowly lol. Hopefully we can pull the motor/tranny this winter break and replace the clutch.

On another note, I think I may pick up a gold 5 speed 1998 4.0 Ranger 4x4. He wants 4k and it has 167k, but has a new clutch and he works at Ford so it has probably been maintained pretty well.

If I get it, I will probably just crank the t bars, throw on some 31 or 32 bfg AT's, tint the windows, and put in an amp and subs. Nothing too crazy, just a good DD to get me around all year and haul my bikes.

428CJ

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Also, the guy that bought my car just drove it away. Thats a weird feeling lol. And I used 428CJ as my username ever since I was 14-15 lol. I made it before I had my fox so I used my dad's car for my name lol.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals