• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Non-vinal letter removal

William Spitzer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 2.3
Transmission
Manual
So, i bought my truck from a painting company, and they apparently decided to put thier logo in purple metal flake paint on the sides.

so my question is how can i get these off? or is it not possible?

mp3deviant721

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l of fury
Transmission
Manual
Looks like its only confined to the doors. Most likely it is painted on top of the factory paint. Sanding it off will work but you will most likely have to repaint the doors and maybe even blend into the fenders. Hell if the truck needs it you might as well do a whole paint job while you are at it.

William Spitzer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 2.3
Transmission
Manual
so how would you suggest i go about painting it?

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
It depend on what you want to do pull off all the hdwr you can get a good single stage paint and a hvlp gun. wet sand it good to get down to good paint all the way around then tape off where you dont want paint to go. Wipe it down good with the thinner of the paint you are using to degrease it just before you shoot it. Give it a tacker coat let that set for a bit then shoot it. You will want to keep it in a climate controlled area during the coating above 70 degrees until the paint has gassed off usually 24-48 hrs before you get it wet. a few light coats up and down then side to side works better than trying to put one thick coat on. use a water filter on the air line at the gun and practice on something similar to get the gun set where you want it.

jarfly

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
depends on what kind of paint they used and if its under a clear coat or not, You may be able to wet sand most of it off, or if its 1-shot sign paint i'v seen people use easy off oven cleaner in the yellow can to take it BUT make sure you have a good clear coat and all that if not IT WILL eat your paint like crazy(ask me how I know.lol DOH)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals