• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Non RBV question need HELP

Kdawg532

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6 God's gift to man
Transmission
Manual
does any one know where i can find a header for a 73 Ford 250 cid I6????
my bro and i are workin on souping up his 73 Maverick, and we like the I6 so we arent doing a SWAP for those of you that will just say "put a 302 in it"

Last edited:

Kdawg532

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6 God's gift to man
Transmission
Manual

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size

RedRanger888

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Sharp car, and kudos for wanting to stick with the I-6! I love those engines. Wonder how hard it'd be to drop a 240/300 in there? They make tons of speed parts for those, but imagine there'd be clearance issues. Yeah, Cliffords probably has most of what you could want for it.

I had a '72 Comet 4dr all through high school, with the factory 302. That car was a blast, and honestly way more engine than any high school kid should be allowed to have!:3gears:

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
A 300/6 swap would be f-ing cool but I'm not sure it would fit. I know the two motors are similar but I'm not sure they're the same height-wise...and 300's were only put in trucks and vans. So finding an oil pan might be hard if you have clearance problems.

The problem with the 250 (and the rest of its family, 144, 170 and 200) all have the intake manifold and the head cast as one piece, so performance parts are harder to find.

If you did the 300 swap, it would be hella cool to do EFI along with it.

Kdawg532

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6 God's gift to man
Transmission
Manual
i looked at the ford six store and all the headers say it doesnt fit a 250 but the one from clifford said it would, also we are upgrading the intake manifold to a cast aluminum one that will fit a 4BBL carb. on it. cause right now it just has the one barel. also we are going to get a cam and all that jazz, it will be a sweet six once its done,
the car only has 44000 original miles on it and was Garage kept its whole life only had 11000 miles on it when the previous owner bought it and he took car of it religiously, the paint doesnt even have swirl marks in it, its that perfect, and its the original enamel paint that came with the car, the interior still smells brand new, and looks brand new, its just a wonderful car all around

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals