• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Noisey Pulley?

dashhho

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda B4000 SE
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My 2005 with a 4.0L SOHC has a noisey pulley when I first engage the AC compressor. Starting the truck with the climate control on "OFF" and then turning it to AC or anything that engages the clutch on the AC I get a good growling belt noise of some sort for approx 2secs which I believe is from the AC compressor pulley. It only happens when the truck is stone cold, after the first noise it never happens. Anyone have any tips? I'm guessing it could be the power steering pump pulley possibly also?

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
Your belt may be very old and glazed. Also check the belt tensioner that it is tightening the belt enough. If you just changed the belt recently and used a cheap brand, you could try a new one with a more well known brand like Dayco.

dashhho

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda B4000 SE
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I thought this also Franklin. I put a new ac delco belt on and a new tensioner, the idler pulley is new also. I had thought maybe the pulley is glazed?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals