• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

No switched power to stereo

Firestar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
God first
Trying to install new Sony stereo in my 94 Ranger. I have no power on the switched power lead, in ACC or in the ON position. Fuse #11 is OK. Also have conflicting info on which fuse controls the radio/stereo. It's kinda hard to check but I don't see 12 volts getting to the the fuse block under the dash on fuse #11. Where does the power come from? None of the wiring diagrams I've found have this info. It had an after-market stereo in it when I got it and it didn't work in the ACC position.

Firestar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
God first
Thanks for the reply, WarHawk, however, I've looked at both of the diagrams that you directed me to and neither of them answer the question of where the power comes from. As mentioned, I don't believe I have ACC power getting to the fuse block, and I can't figure out how that ACC power gets to the fuse block. Also, is there any other fuses or accessories that would be affected if there's no ACC power at all.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals