• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

No spark 93

BaRQui

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
My 93 died on me driving down the road. No spark detected, installed a new coil and still no spark. I read around the forum and got info about the cam sensor and the ICM. The problem is I don't know how to test these components for failures. I have power to the coil but the other cable gives
me no signal of any kind even cranking. I need your help here, any info on troubleshooting the ignition system will be alot of help.

BaRQui

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Sorry I forgot to mention. It's a 93 3.0 manual trans.

locovaca

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You don't have a Cam Synchro, you have a Distributor. So that rules that out immediately. You may want to be checking the pickup in the distributor, however.

BaRQui

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I removed the ignition and found a torn apart pick up coil. It was torn apart because one of the tabs on the cylindrical shield bent inwards somehow and broke it. So I need advise on removing the upper metal part that holds the rotor from the ignition so I can replace the pick up coil. I can just try to pull it
but I want to know the correct way of doing it so I don't break anything.

lairdt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
If you're talking about the pickup inside the distributor, it's much easier to put in a new dizzy than to fix that one which might have other damage to it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals