• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

No power to fuel pumps

Trevorrudai

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
So the other day I was driving and I lost power, truck started slowly sputtering until completely dead. Cycle key and no fuel pumps activating. Pop the hood found that a fusible link have been blown. Addressed that issue. Using a circuit tester I made sure that I was getting power from the battery to the fusible link out of the fusible link to the eec relay aka the brown relay from the brown relay to the Ford fuel pump relay aka the green relay and then from the green fuel pump relay to the inertia switch. Now when I cycle the key on my fuel pump still do not activate. Currently there's no one here to help and my battery is dead from multiple days of using power obviously without charging the battery. Multimedia shows 8 volts in battery. Do I need to have more than 8 bolts for the fuel pumps to activate or am I missing something? It's my understanding that the fuel pump should still activate however of course they're not any help would be greatly appreciated I've been out here for 3 days in the cold with no help and I am by no means a mechanic I have my hands manual I've been following that to a t and doing everything that I have been able to look up and find instructions too so why are my fuel pumps not activating if my whole fuel pump circuit has power?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals