• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

No more NJ mech inspect!!!!!and gear ?'s

bcost882

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000, 2011
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L, 1.6L
Transmission
Manual
I just found out that NJ will no longer be doing mechanical inspections for vehicles other than commercial vehicles. Some people say it will be more dangerous but what can you do it will be no more dangerous than what it usually is haha. I also just found a 2.5in Fabtech for my truck for 130 bucks:headbang::headbang: oh yea. Which brings me to my question does anyone know of any good 4x4 shops in NJ? i need to get new gears and i cant do it since im in korea any suggestions would help. Thanks:icon_cheers:

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Oklahoma hasn't had inspections in 7 or 8 years. Its awesome.

LearjetMinako

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 140ci
Transmission
Manual
Oklahoma hasn't had inspections in 7 or 8 years. Its awesome.
No kidding. I was cleaning out the Blazer's glovebox one day and found the recipet for the state inspection.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Florida stopped it as well several years ago...look around you....so many bald tires on the road, tires that are way under inflated, cracked windows or missing windows, smoke clouds coming out of pos vehicles that need severe service or engine emission control devices that are not working or have been removed...and you think it is cool? All of us will pay for this at some point in time. I think it is a shame that states are doing away with it. What is worse...most of these people who drive these vehicles don't have or can't afford enough auto insurance.

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ok, so yes, here in nj we no longer have a mechanical inspection, all we have todo is pass emissions, HOWEVER the maximum tires size for the state of nj is still a 38,

years ago not having rulse of that nature is what cause everyone to be runnin not safe trucks on 44s on the street, polics will still ticket/impound if your vehicle is not safe.....IE way too tall for the tires on it, tire coverage, rear mudflaps are all tickets they can give u, and btw, the fines have been increased in all townships for those tickets.

:icon_welder:

kevinsranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
do you guys know if they still fail for check engine light on? and if it matters what codes it is? mine throws codes for shift solenoids in the trans, and it would suck to fail for emmissions for a trans fault code

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
do you guys know if they still fail for check engine light on? and if it matters what codes it is? mine throws codes for shift solenoids in the trans, and it would suck to fail for emmissions for a trans fault code
if the truck is obd2 they hook the computer up for emissions, if the check engine light is on then no go, part of the emissions

kevinsranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
if the truck is obd2 they hook the computer up for emissions, if the check engine light is on then no go, part of the emissions
my truck is eec-iv or whatever the ford one was right before obd2, i can pull the bulb out easily lol

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
my truck is eec-iv or whatever the ford one was right before obd2, i can pull the bulb out easily lol
then pull the bulb out lol, they cant say shit about it now lol aslong as it passes emissions

kevinsranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
then pull the bulb out lol, they cant say shit about it now lol aslong as it passes emissions
nice! thats what i like to hear! i guess they cant hook up to the old ford system, so its just the good ole sniffer :headbang:

bcost882

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000, 2011
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L, 1.6L
Transmission
Manual
it is sweet cause i wanted to lift a bit more but didnt want to tilt test. and it was a pain cause they would mess up vehicles when they inspected them. they would wreck alignments and just beat on in unneccessarily. and dont worry im not goin over 38's haha

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
it is sweet cause i wanted to lift a bit more but didnt want to tilt test. and it was a pain cause they would mess up vehicles when they inspected them. they would wreck alignments and just beat on in unneccessarily. and dont worry im not goin over 38's haha
i am, but im a piney.....soooooo ill get away with it

bcost882

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000, 2011
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L, 1.6L
Transmission
Manual
i am, but im a piney.....soooooo ill get away with it
true true. you from tabernacle or browns mills haha that seems to be the lagest concentration in those areas haha:icon_thumby:

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
mhughes....where you been fool?

UT still has inspections...friggin' Nazis here...

Body Lifts are Illegal now.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
ok, so yes, here in nj we no longer have a mechanical inspection, all we have todo is pass emissions, HOWEVER the maximum tires size for the state of nj is still a 38,

years ago not having rulse of that nature is what cause everyone to be runnin not safe trucks on 44s on the street, polics will still ticket/impound if your vehicle is not safe.....IE way too tall for the tires on it, tire coverage, rear mudflaps are all tickets they can give u, and btw, the fines have been increased in all townships for those tickets.

:icon_welder:

Wow!! 38's? That is a huge tire for a Ranger...lol

:shok:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals