• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

no more muddin in the pines

RumpRangerSTX

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yesterday I got a text message from a friend of mine asking why our Septmeber event has been cancelled. I instantly called her back and asked her what she was talking about. She explained that on Facebook, New Egypt announced that they were cancelling our event and a few more. This was all news to me. After I got off the phone with her I called the New Egypt Speedway office to find out if their was any truth to this, the secretary that answered the phone confirmed that yes that the events have been cancelled. Next I called the owner of the speedway up to find out why I never got a phone call or email or anything and only got a voicemail. I left a message and still have not heard back. I'm not quite sure 100% of why this happened but I can tell you that I'm extremely pissed that I was not included with this desicion. I'm hoping to find out later today. I still plan on doing something for the 2011 season and have a few ideas on locations up my sleeve. I will need everyones support to help make 2011 a succesful year. One thing I'd like from all of you is to please email the race coordinator, Danny and express that you were looking forward to teh September event, or even just just express your dissapointment. Even if you have never been to one of my races or never even planned on coming. Please send him an email and let him know that it was a mistake to cancel this event. Please do this is a professional manner,, for it was not him that cancelled us, danny is a good guy and helped me alot, but he is the one that checks the emails. the address is:
dannyserrano@newegyptspeedway.net

Thanks,
Dave
Update:
confirmed that it is a money situation. Unfortunately I believe that the last event we had was the one that we needed. It was the first event I could hear the crowd over top of open headers on 800 hp motors. Theres no doubt in my mind that 95% of the people who were watching would return with friends. From all of the spectators I spoke with and drivers, and drivers that used to come but stopped bringing their trucks a year ago all stasted it was the best yet. We finally had the hills and the mud right. The biggest thing that gets to me is the owner trying to tell me that they have been trying to get ahold of me for a month, and not once did I have a missed call or voicemail from him or his employees

i got it for another forum that mudboy put up

kennykenny

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Biggest problem with the event is that you can't see anything from the stands behind the fence. The mud hole is just too damn far from the spectators in my opinion.

mudboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I know this is an old post ( zombie thread) but we fixed that problem. Extra $5 and you'll be on the side of the pit. We will have 3 in 2012. We had the one this past October and it was prettyy wild. Best event we had yet.

kennykenny

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
good to know, i'll probably attend in 2012

t0x1k

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.slo
Transmission
Automatic
I look forward to finally attending and possibly entering.

mudboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I'm not sure why alot of people end up spectating and not running. I see more parts break on a regular run through Wharton than at these events. The mud doesn't provide much for traction allowing the tires to spin freely and there's no stumps or roots or anything for the tires to grab on. Plus with the mud being thick it doesn't get past seals and into bearings like the Wharton sand/water that alot of people frequent. We have added a 4/6 cylinder class as well.
The one event we had in 2011 was crazy, we added the hills which really ended up making the event. Some crazy air was being caught by the big dogs. Let me know if the vid works, I can't watch videos from my work so I can't tell if it's working or not.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKvQWVrQW58&fs=1" width="644" height="390">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKvQWVrQW58&fs=1" />http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKvQWVrQW58">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKvQWVrQW58

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
Wish there were events like that around me so that I can have fun in my truck like that.

kennykenny

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thats nothing like what I remember from back in '09 (i think that was when i was there last). After watching that video im def doing this in '12

RumpRangerSTX

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I will be out there this year to watch and mybe to run the truck

mudboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
you better run the truck lol. I put together the 4/6 cylinder class for guys like you. The newly designed track is pretty sick. The evolution of some of the upper end trucks is pretty wild too. in 08 our top dog had a 468, now there's a 596, a few 496's and a 580 something ford motor as well. For anyone who was there in the past, it is totally different now. With it being hill and hole instead of straight bog, it's just straight up sick to spectate the upper class trucks. The lower class trucks have fun just trying to get up and over the hills. Payouts are also different as well. Now it's 100% payout. so if 30 trcuks enter 4/6 cylinder class paying $25 a peice that gives a grand purse of $750 for just that class so first would get 60% at $450, second would get 30 % at $225 and third would get 10% at $75. I also have a pretty good feeling about some sponsorship money being added into at least one of the events. Depending what all happens i may be kicking in up to an aditional $700 into the 4/6 cylinder class on top of the 100% payout. At that point I'd pay back to fifth place. It would be nice to see all first place guys walk out with close to $1000 in their pockets and a trophy to put on the shelf.. thats my ultimate goal.

RumpRangerSTX

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Shit I can make money and get a
Trophy I think I need to find me some wide ass mud tries like 38's by 15 wide lol

mudboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
on 38s your better of with a skinny tire on that rtrack. 2 years a go we dug the hole 12 feet deep and sculped the bottom of the pit with asphault millings and steam rolled the whole thing then added the mud on top. the pits are divided by the hills and get progressively deeper. That video shows the mud being real thick, next year you'll see it more soupier. I'm aiming for pudding density. A skinny tire will get down to the bottom gravbbing traction and propelling. a 38 x11 bogger on a 7" wide wheel would be the way to go

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals