• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

No idea what to do =/

juggalomania92

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I know this sounds dumb but I have a 91 explorer 4 door and don't know what to do...

As of right now I have everything in my basement to do a ~2inch lift I have f150 spacers, front shocks, and shackles. I just need rear but I read stock rear shocks will work with just shackles.

I have a set of Trail Handler radial A/T they are 33x12.5x15 they've been wheeled but all hold air and have about 75% left on them.

I have a set of American Racing 767s that I painted almost a gunmetal they are 15x8.

I can order a body lift for $150 shipped, should I do the 5 inches and 33's or trade the 33's for 31's and just do a 2 inch lift..

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I would do like a 1 or 2in bodylift and do a little trimming

juggalomania92

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
And run the 33s that I already have? I thought that it was only like 6 bucks cheaper to go with a 2inch body lift instead of a 3inch and dont you have to change the bumper brackets so they would work? Oh and I just got a set of gap gaurds from a friend yesterday for nothing.

Chevelle Kid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'll trade you my 31s for your 33s...lol BFGs with 60% tread driven on daily...lol

Surrey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The rear shocks will work fine for your lift. In fact, the front ones will still work, your downtravel will just be limited by the extended length of the shock.

I guess it really depends what you wanna do, as far as the tires go.
If you want to wheel you truck, make it fit the 33s... If its just a DD or whatever, then the 33s give you no benefit.

you can always use hockey pucks for 1-2" of lift for a lot cheaper than a store-bought body lift...
As far as the bumpers go, you dont HAVE to relocate them, and in fact many body lifts dont even come with the brackets to do that. Of course, the best would be to replace the stock bumpers with something custom that suits your needs, but a stock height bumper isn't a huge deal - lots of people have 'em.

juggalomania92

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I think I want to order the body lift but I don't know. I think I might try to find a set of 31s for it and see the way that they look, my gf said no to a set of 33x10.5s that have 60% left for 150, oh well. Would the body lift with the spacer lift look bad with 31s? how about with 33s?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals