• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Nitrous injection

Kdawg532

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6 God's gift to man
Transmission
Manual
There was a person on here that used a 75 shot of Nitrous on his 3.0 and i was wondering what kit he/you used, and how you activated the Nitrous whether it was through TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) or if it was manually activated or you used a what guess i guess it would be a computer controlled system. Cause i would love to do this on my 3.0 which is alot cheaper than the 4000 dollar TKT super charging kit

Southern3.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'96
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3, what a turd...
Transmission
Manual
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=NEX-ML2000&N=700+400229+115&autoview=sku
Here's the kit you would need to use, the most common way I see nitrous activated is with an arming switch and then a micro switch mounted on the TB that will close a WOT.

As far as tuning goes you would need a wide band 02 Monitor, and you change the jets on the fuel side until you get the correct A/F while your spraying the motor. Also a colder set of plugs would be a good Idea and you could also get a custom nitrous tune that would pull a little time to be on the safe side.

Kdawg532

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6 God's gift to man
Transmission
Manual
ok man i will shop around and see if i can get a 02 monitor and the other components before i try anything

rurouni20xx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
get very comfortable tuning your machine, nos is very well known for leaning to detonation quickly and also drying the oil film off the valves causing seizure, meaning broke valves and new motor. my suggestion on a nos motor (ive been around a few but not many due to cost and very volatile engine, plus in most states you have to have a permit to carry the bottle, and cannot be hooked up while driving.) is getting a chip or something that has a dual map mode, arm manually w/ a switch that changes the map and have a shot solenoid that you press by hand w/ a switch. sorry to say but the setup used on f&f is an easy and effective way to setup the system. another way is to setup a chip w/ a single map and dual rail injectors, when you increase the throttle beyond 70% (WOT) it runs the secondary injector circuit w/ your nos and and you have a metered shot that way, but here again check local laws b4 you do such things if hwy operation is desired and pay attn to how much nos you have. dont want to run out of nos and dump extreme amounts of fuel from the tune causing it to flood out. lots of tuning necessary to say the least.

betomonroy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
What the hell...
If You have the dough and desire and also whilling to deal with whatever comes along...
DO IT!!!
:icon_hornsup:

rurouni20xx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
wasnt downing you just saying its a lot of work but if done correctly def worth it!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals