• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Newbie with questions

spin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
New here. I bought a 1995 Mazda B2300 a month ago and have a few questions. I'll start separate post for different subjects.

I was going through the truck after I got it, and pulled the filter out to find out the air intake tube before the filter was full of birdseed to the point I was surprised that the truck didn't choke itself out. I cleaned out the bird seed, and the truck responded better and felt like it had more power, go figure. Anyway the next day the check engine light came on while driving. I don't know how to pull codes out of it. It doesn't have an EEC-VI plug under the hood, but does have a plug under the steering wheel like an OBDII truck would. The connector under the hood doesn't look exactly like an OBDII connector though. Is their a way to check codes without a code reader?

strvger

Reaction score
the land of 2 seasons-Winter and getting ready for
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
not that i know of. might pay to have the codes checked at a local shop. could be the bird seed got into a sensor and triggered the light. if it is driving fine, it may be just a service reminder or a part that needs to be changed because of a pre-programmed mileage interval or something. good luck.
and welcome to TRS!

superds

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2" body. 1.5" coil spring spacers/rear block
You could probably take your pickup to an auto parts store, many have OBDII code readers that they will allow customers to borrow and use in their parking lot.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
That is an OBDII truck. You do need a code reader to get the codes.

if it is driving fine, it may be just a service reminder or a part that needs to be changed because of a pre-programmed mileage interval or something.
It is not either of those, because Ford never did that.

Go to a local parts store, ask them to pull your codes, and bring them back to us and we will point you in the right direction.

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I just bought a Duramax that had a rats nest in the air cleaner man you never know.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals