• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New trails in tahoya?

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
Oh, dude, I know who you are talking about! lol. I have seen him there all but one maybe two of the times I've gone there. I've seen him in a Sami, and on a quad. I just thought of him as some wierd guy the first time I saw him, but then he was there the next couple times also, and he just started seeming wierder, and wierder, haha.

I didn;t even reaslize it untill a coupel days ago, but I kinda know the guy with that flat fender. His dad and my dad are friends from a Jeep club my dad was in, until he sold his Jeep. His dad is still in the club, B.L.A.S.T. .

Figured I'd share...
Yeah he's usually just sitting in Mud Lake watching people... I guess he has like 5 Samis or something. I knew a guy who was totally convinced he stole his Sami for a year, then brought it back minus random parts. :icon_confused: I've seen him around wheeling claiming one of his lockers is broken... turns out the hub was unlocked. Another time his son passed me and a few friends half way down South Loop and yelled out the window "I haven't even locked in the hubs yet!" Yeah riiiiiight... :rolleyes:

Yeah that guy with the flat fender is on 4x4Net... Nate887 I think.

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Some people are just... odd...

Yeah, that is him. He is on 4x4Net, and a couple others I think.

I'm tryin' to get my cousin to finish his Scout so we can do a Tahuya run sometime in the middle of March.

Today, me and him headed over to Derek's (LoanRanger's) house, and my cousin picked up the set of 36x13x15 IRoks on black crawler wheels, and I snagged the radius arms off of his dad's old D28, so I can make some extended arms for when/ if I do my lift (either way I'm doing extended arms). Damn those things were a pain in the ass to get off though... Derek's right, no amount of money could have gotten him to take them off for me, haha. I had to do it when I got there.

His Scout looks awsome now though!! A hell of alot better than the bald 35x14.5 Thornbird-Dragslicks on chrome steelies. He is going to need an inch or two of wheel spacers though, but since the rig won't be seeing much pavement, it's allright. The tires just hit the leaves, before the steering gets to it's lock

I'll get a picture of it up here sonner or later. As I said in a different thread, our computer with Vista is being stupid and doesn't want to read the ship from my phone.

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah the RAs are a pain to get off the axle. I couldn't even get them with a 18" 1" drive ratchet. I ended up taking my axle to a friend's house and he used a torch to get them red hot... Then they came off nice and easy.

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
They were off the truck already, and we used about a 4' piece of pipe on the arm end to hold the axle steady, while we used a cresent and pipe wrench with a 4' pipe as an extention to get them off. And even then, they were still tight.

I am just going to spray mine with WD40 or something a couple times a week for the next month or so so that they might be easier to get off :icon_idea: .

87rangerboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger sc
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
dogboy you should of told me you needed radius arms. i have like 2 pairs all ready pulled. hahaha. i got so many parts i need to get rid of.

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Ah... You got the extended arms on your truck, don't you?

87rangerboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger sc
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yea i do. if you need another set let me know.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals