• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New tools you've bought recently?

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
NAPA had a flash sale on them last Friday, $140 shipped. I probably could have got away with something cheaper but I have a couple smaller 12v inflators and they are just painfully slow.

My plan here is to assemble an emergency recovery box... the big rolling Packout I have should work perfect. M18 inflator, my junkyard tool bag, M18 search light, M18 impact, couple small bottle jacks, tow strap... if someone has car trouble I can just throw a few batteries in and hit the road. The inflator will be real nice for airing up tires around the yard as well, right now I have to drag out a huge air hose.

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I find the portable air tank is the quickest way to to fill up tires. Those 12v pumps take forever, even just 10ths or so.

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Yeah I have used an air tank for many years. Probably still will. But when it's gone... it's gone. Haha, I remember when I was a kid my dad didn't have a compressor so we had to drive ~10 miles to town to fill the air tank at a gas station when ever we had a flat tire... that was a real drag. His historic lack of tools may explain my current hoard of tools.

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3 liters of tire smoking power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
Grew up in the 70s, 80s, and 90s
i ordered a new shimano isis bearing cap socket for my lightning p38. i have had to take it to the bike shop every time i needed to change or grease the bottom bracket bearings because i could never figure out which socket fit it but the other day i was looking really closely at the cap and saw very tiny writing on it so i used that super close up setting on my phone camera and took pictures of the writing. now i have to tool to remove that cap, ha ha ha.

i also ordered a 20 pack of spokes and spoke nipples for my mountain bike rear disc wheel since it had so many broken spokes when i got it (it was free).

and, since i bought bike stuff, i had to buy my wife something because she was complaining about the bike stuff that came in the mail the other day.

its this tool though

Park Tool BBT 18 Shimano Octalink Isis 8 Notch Bottom Bracket Bicycle BB Remover for sale online | eBay

Bill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
A 5/8" Diehard magnetic spark plug socket for $13.99 at Carquest and Craftsman hose clamp pliers at Lowes for $14.99.

Angie

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
92 & 83 project
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.0L 302
Transmission
Automatic
picked these up recently.

the circuit tracer can also be used to find a battery drain when hooked up reverse. i thought about the process and wrote the manufacturer and asked them if I could also use the tracer to find "parasitic draws" they said yes. camera scope is a cool tool to play with...

cheers

Attachments

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
picked these up recently.

the circuit tracer can also be used to find a battery drain when hooked up reverse. i thought about the process and wrote the manufacturer and asked them if I could also use the tracer to find "parasitic draws" they said yes. camera scope is a cool tool to play with...

cheers

what kind of circuit tracer is that?

Looks a lot fancier then your standard power probe.

Angie

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
92 & 83 project
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.0L 302
Transmission
Automatic

Vindictus

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
ReMan 4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/75/15
i've spent a lot of money at princessauto over the years

Bill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
i've spent a lot of money at princessauto over the years
I've spend a lot of money at RockAuto over the years. They sell tools.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Soo… does new to me tools count? Lol

Yesterday I was given a non-working lawn mower, self propelled push mower. Today I discovered that the reason it wouldn’t run was no oil and the gas tank was over half full of water. Runs nice now.

Then I found a tire machine. Needs a seal for the bead breaker, but it’s a Coats rim clamp machine and everything else works. So it’s now in the back of my truck…

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Soo… does new to me tools count? Lol

Yesterday I was given a non-working lawn mower, self propelled push mower. Today I discovered that the reason it wouldn’t run was no oil and the gas tank was over half full of water. Runs nice now.

Then I found a tire machine. Needs a seal for the bead breaker, but it’s a Coats rim clamp machine and everything else works. So it’s now in the back of my truck…
Pic of tire machine?

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3 liters of tire smoking power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
Grew up in the 70s, 80s, and 90s
man!! nice on that tire machine. that the one i would like to really get sometime

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Pic of tire machine?
I’ll try to get one up tonight, all I have so far is a crappy night pic that makes it look like old junk. I’m gonna snap a pic and throw a tarp over it on my way out the door this morning, going to help a buddy a bit today, well, as much help as I can be these days anyway. The plan is to drink beer and stick tile to the floor, I think he just wants someone to talk with and have a few beers and hand him tile so that works

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
man!! nice on that tire machine. that the one i would like to really get sometime
I got a Coats 10-10 center post machine a couple years ago, split the cost with my mechanic buddy, but aluminum rims are a little difficult with that and it only does up to like 17” rims supposedly but 16” seems to be pretty close to max for it. Really intended for 14-16” steel rims I think. Works pretty decent though now that I did some rehab work on it, new air lines and lube mostly. Really kinda needed a rim clamp machine though and it’s been hard to find one under a grand. Dad stumbled across this one last night before dinner, called the guy after and ran right out, didn’t even argue the price it was that good of a deal ($50 more than the center post cost us used). Guy said it’s a RC-10 with an electric rotation on the table. He said he fixed the bead breaker once before but he’s older now and doesn’t want to mess with it anymore.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals