• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New tools you've bought recently?

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
I agree with 3M stuff being the better stuff. I filled that box and have over flow on most of what's in there. I caught a sale on the cheap stuff and figured why not.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
We'll park this one here under the "in my dreams" tools.

20221216_080501.jpg

This is gonna put a hurting to my "truck parts fund".

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual

View attachment 86427

There was a time in my life where I was seriously looking at buying one, the problem was I couldn’t decide if I wanted one small enough to dig in basements for plumbers on new houses or big enough for outside for retaining walls and downspouts. Ended up with neither and that was a huge mistake that I kick myself for regularly…

RumPunch

Supporting Member
Law Enforcement
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3"
Tire Size
31x10.50R15

View attachment 86427

The Deere 35G is probably one of the most reliable best little machines ever made. They are amazing. Haul it with a 3/4 ton truck and do so many things. I'm afraid post the Hitachi/Deere split they may not fill the shoes but time will tell... But that machine is 100% solid.

RumPunch

Supporting Member
Law Enforcement
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3"
Tire Size
31x10.50R15
Well not a normal "tool" but a garage friend and I'd call that a tool. Super nice like new steel cabinet from work, for free! Going to be perfect for fluid storage, aerosols, small parts you name it!

IMG_20221229_194653023_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221229_194702595_HDR.jpg

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
File cabinets make nice shop storage.
38589A54-F7B6-41E6-9714-8EDF7C5BCD73.jpeg

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Well not a normal "tool" but a garage friend and I'd call that a tool. Super nice like new steel cabinet from work, for free! Going to be perfect for fluid storage, aerosols, small parts you name it!

View attachment 86925

View attachment 86926
You know… I was offered the same cabinet today and turned it down because I have nowhere to put it…

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
The Deere 35G is probably one of the most reliable best little machines ever made. They are amazing. Haul it with a 3/4 ton truck and do so many things. I'm afraid post the Hitachi/Deere split they may not fill the shoes but time will tell... But that machine is 100% solid.
When I was digging the holes for my shop and struck lumber and I was over digging by hand I rented a 35G, it was a handy little thing and cheap to rent for whatever reason... I think I paid $300 for the day with the trailer it was on... I wish it hadn't been a freak rain storm that day as I could have used the rest of the hours of my rental digging out my pond...

RumPunch

Supporting Member
Law Enforcement
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3"
Tire Size
31x10.50R15
You know… I was offered the same cabinet today and turned it down because I have nowhere to put it…
We have one more i likely try to take that too🤣

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
I got one of the Milwaukee heated jackets last week.

It's kinda 'meh' to be honest.

The charger that comes with the jacket doubles as its power supply. Put the battery in the charger and plug a USB into it to charge, then once it's charged you put the whole thing in its pocket and plug the jackets cord into the charger. Charging the battery via USB takes too long imo.

A couple of my coworkers got the heated hoodies.. which come with a real charger.. that charges the batteries MUCH quicker.. lame.

Other than that... the collar comes up too high and digs into my double chin when it's fully zipped lol.. but the collar also isn't quite high enough to 'fold over' to avoid digging in to my gobbler.. The zippers don't exactly inspire confidence.. the amount of heat the jacket actually produces isn't exactly impressive.. and I'm questioning the durability of its shell.

It was in the 20s when I was testing it out. Too cold out to rely on just the jacket, so I had a sherpa lined waffle shirt on underneath.. and even on high I could hardly feel the heat through the shirt 🤷‍♀️

I don't know. Damn thing definitely isn't worth 200$ in my case.. a lined waffle shirt, heavy sweatshirt, and vest combo is comfier..much cheaper.. and doesn't need recharging..

Milwaukee is dumb. The USB cord they include is nice.... but its micro USB still... and not USB-C 🤦‍♀️

I hate this dumb thing.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
I got one of the Milwaukee heated jackets last week.

It's kinda 'meh' to be honest.

The charger that comes with the jacket doubles as its power supply. Put the battery in the charger and plug a USB into it to charge, then once it's charged you put the whole thing in its pocket and plug the jackets cord into the charger. Charging the battery via USB takes too long imo.

A couple of my coworkers got the heated hoodies.. which come with a real charger.. that charges the batteries MUCH quicker.. lame.

Other than that... the collar comes up too high and digs into my double chin when it's fully zipped lol.. but the collar also isn't quite high enough to 'fold over' to avoid digging in to my gobbler.. The zippers don't exactly inspire confidence.. the amount of heat the jacket actually produces isn't exactly impressive.. and I'm questioning the durability of its shell.

It was in the 20s when I was testing it out. Too cold out to rely on just the jacket, so I had a sherpa lined waffle shirt on underneath.. and even on high I could hardly feel the heat through the shirt 🤷‍♀️

I don't know. Damn thing definitely isn't worth 200$ in my case.. a lined waffle shirt, heavy sweatshirt, and vest combo is comfier..much cheaper.. and doesn't need recharging..

Milwaukee is dumb. The USB cord they include is nice.... but its micro USB still... and not USB-C 🤦‍♀️

I hate this dumb thing.
I got a hooded camo jacket a few years back, not sure what has changed since then. Mine is fairly comfortable, I learned that it really needs to be used more as a base layer, which I’m ok with that because I don’t want to damage it. So I’ll wear at most a hoodie under it, or a flannel or something. Put a Carhartt or fleece lined jacket over it. Mine takes M12 batteries (or rather did). Most of what I wanted it for was hunting or when I have to be outside all day in the winter. At the time, you could get an M18 adapter that had a USB port and a port to plug the jacket in. A 5.0 M18 battery will last an entire day of hunting on high and keep my phone fully charged. Of course, the battery is bulky and awkward but tolerable. Being able to pump warmth to my core all day in cold weather is nice.

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
I have two of those M12 jackets and my wife has one too. I love em - the "old" style is a bit more comfortable, the new one they are making now is more of a canvas material that is kinda stiff until you get it broken in.

Anyway they work OK within reason. The 2.0 and smaller M12 batteries don't last very long, I use a 3.0 in mine and it'll run the jacket on high for about 6-7 hours. My only major complaint is that "high" is not hot enough. If there's even a smidge of wind, I can't even tell that it's turned on...wind just sucks the heat out. "high" is about where "low" should be.

Also: while I realize that you COULD charge a battery from a USB port... I'm not sure why you would want to unless it's an emergency. USB ports supply 5v, those batteries are over 12v fully charged. So of course it takes forever. Drop $10 on a real M12 charger from eBay and you'll be much happier.

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I know a few people that have them, all seem to like them. They are really a base layer though, I would never consider a jacket that light to wear only that when it's real cold outside. Put it on over your T-shirt, and then put a real coat on.

Should would much better, the coat will keep the heat in.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
I'm in the same situation. I've shoe horned as much as I can and still get vehicles in the garage.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals