• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New to TRS not my Ranger

86indy

Reaction score
northern Il/summers spent in midwestern MI
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Hey guys! Long time lurker here and you guys have helped me immensely already, so I finally decided to join, it seems TRS' knowledge trumps all other ranger forums. I am also on FRF and they are damn near useless when it comes down to the information I actually need :thefinger::thefinger:. I am from N. IL and spend lots of time in Michigan just north of Muskegon. I am currently a student at SIUC intended major Mech. Engineer. I going to SAS my ranger with a full width D44 from a 78 Bronco (I know Cast radius arm wedges mehh) that I already own. Biggest set back are funds for the coilovers. After SAS I am going to do a 4bt swap with intentions to reach 200 HP to the wheels, which shouldnt be too hard. I actually joined for help planning a 64" chevy spring swap for the rear. I want as much travel I can currently get with stock setup and to lift an inch or so (I am aware this usually doesnt provide lift with flipped shackles). I figured 64" spring cant hurt me in the future and its also something I can slowly gather parts and do in the summer. Im dedicated to this truck, I give plasma each week in my college town to keep the funds coming in, first in line is to rebuild the d44 with new bearings and seal end to end.
Specs of my truck currently: 01 ford ranger edge, 3"BL, 32" wildpeaks on 15x10 wheels (such a pita to mount..), 8.8 28 spline with aftermarket Auburn LSD, 4.10 gears, expo sport bucket seats, full length console, 32" led light bar behind the grille, Led back up light 6"?, 06+ mirrors and corner lights, 8" Sub in sealed box (I like my classic rock and country to sound good!!), Kenwood HU, Dual fog light mod, remote starter, 25% tint on driver/pass windows, led dash lights, 850 CCA battery (that will work for the 4bt too!) and I think thats about it....
Already bought a membership, you guys have already earned it with the previous help you have given me.

Thanks guys Ill stop rambling right now, I can talk about my truck for hours :beer::icon_bounceblue:

PS-Im not a stranger to custom fab, Im cheap I dont buy things I build it. As my autos teacher from last year told me "In my class you act like its Junkyard Warriors, you'll craft something out garbage to make an exhaust hanger"

Pictures wont upload.. Ill try later, Im suppose to be studying right now :annoyed:

Last edited:

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Welcome to TRS...

I've been on here for a long time and understand most of what you want to do...but couldn't offer a word of advice that you would find useful...just wanted to say welcome though...and I will probably look in on a post or two to see if there is anything I can offer...

Other than that...I might read a bit more and try to fully comprehend the complexities of building a tougher and more powerful truck...it might come in handy some day to actually know something...

I like your attitude about building something rather than buying...many on here share that with you...:icon_thumby:

86indy

Reaction score
northern Il/summers spent in midwestern MI
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Thank you for the welcome Mark 88! yeah this truck isnt going to be the typical build in these parts, but rather abstract because of the 4bt, but yes pease join me on the journey of the build, the more the merrier!
Thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals