• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New to the board and Rangers in general...

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
Welcome. Great project!

19Walt93

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3"
Tire Size
235/55R16
My credo
If you don't have time to do it right will you have time to do it over?
This is my 351 swapped 93 Ranger. It's lowered but I didn't know it when I bought it because it was in a car trailer. Yours looks a lot more complete than mine was. Explorers and T birds used a shorter FEAD system and would have made my swap easier. I used exhaust manifolds with 66 Galaxie numbers that I bought at Carlisle, I suspect a set of 289 hipo manifolds would fit, too. Please post pictures of your progress.

5.19.20.JPG
lf eng view.JPG

ElRay

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
This is my 351 swapped 93 Ranger. It's lowered but I didn't know it when I bought it because it was in a car trailer. Yours looks a lot more complete than mine was. Explorers and T birds used a shorter FEAD system and would have made my swap easier. I used exhaust manifolds with 66 Galaxie numbers that I bought at Carlisle, I suspect a set of 289 hipo manifolds would fit, too. Please post pictures of your progress.

View attachment 66523View attachment 66524
Wow, nice truck!
Yeah my truck is mostly complete. Everything that was removed from the engine was in the bed under the tonneau cover.
I do need to replace some things as the truck had been stolen so the stereo is gone and the dash is loose and they cut the latch in the back window.

19Walt93

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3"
Tire Size
235/55R16
My credo
My truck was pretty well stripped, no heater box/evaporator case at all, no brakes, 2 front cab mounts completely missing, rear cab mounts were one hockey puck per side with 18 flat washers stacked on top, under floor mounts had 7/16 coarse thread bolts wound into 12 mm x 1.75 nuts- basically holding nothing, no engine or transmission, rear box held on by two 3/8 carriage bolts. He'd removed the gas tank and cut the crossmember out with a sawzall, mounted a fuel cell and the battery in the bed and ran the positive cable to the engine compartment through holes in panels with no grommets. Calling it a hack job would have been generous. It looks like you have a lot better starting point. Mine also came with 2 live mice and a dead one, I gutted the cab to bare steel to get rid of the smell.

Attachments

ElRay

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
My truck was pretty well stripped, no heater box/evaporator case at all, no brakes, 2 front cab mounts completely missing, rear cab mounts were one hockey puck per side with 18 flat washers stacked on top, under floor mounts had 7/16 coarse thread bolts wound into 12 mm x 1.75 nuts- basically holding nothing, no engine or transmission, rear box held on by two 3/8 carriage bolts. He'd removed the gas tank and cut the crossmember out with a sawzall, mounted a fuel cell and the battery in the bed and ran the positive cable to the engine compartment through holes in panels with no grommets. Calling it a hack job would have been generous. It looks like you have a lot better starting point. Mine also came with 2 live mice and a dead one, I gutted the cab to bare steel to get rid of the smell.

At least your paint and body looked good. I don't think there's s a strait panel on this truck. Except maybe the hood and the cab. Little dings and dents everywhere. Doesn't really bother me as its a truck.

19Walt93

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3"
Tire Size
235/55R16
My credo
The paint looks good from a distance but not so good that I wouldn't want to drive it in the rain. I have a black Mustang for that, the truck is a driver.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals