• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New to site with F250 rear axle seal questions

sparksandchips

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
F250
Transmission
Automatic
Hello to all,

I just joined up and am looking for a guru on 1995 F250 rear axle seals. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Sparksandchips

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
skyjacker front leveling kit
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Crossed threads are tight threads.
Watcha tryina do? Just swap seals? or is there a bigger problem?

Im no guru, but done my share of 1 ton axle brakes...

You probably have either the 10.25" or sterling 10.5", either floating or semi, which makes it easier because you can unbolt it (no c-clips).

Anyhoo usually axle work calls for a press and maybe heat to get those bearings off/on.

Besides that I find a local off road or custom shop that is reputably savvy, and pick some brains... maybe take em a case of beer or a dozen donuts for the time and knowledge.

At my local mom and pop moto shop, Im "that guy" lol: choppin it up w/ the owner in the office, roaming around the work shop picking mechanics brains...But they tolerate me (I think lol) because I buy stuff and bring gifts, and never linger too long.

Anyways good luck bub

sparksandchips

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
F250
Transmission
Automatic
Eddo,

Thanks for the reply and your willingness to help,

No other problems, this started out as a simple brake shoe swap and when I found this seal bad on both spindles it has turned to hell in a hand basket...

I am trying to find the correct seals for this 95 F250 with a C9 axle, floating and your correct about the 10.25 or 10.5. I will take these seals back to Ford, I could modify but why do that to 65.00 dollar (ea.) seals when I can get 30.00 seals from Rock Auto.
With a hub seal IN the hub and this seal to mate/interact/work with/ intercourse with somewhere down the line Ford made a running engineering change and this is the results of that. Now we have a truck with 320K miles on it and a diff with seals that can't be found. I will figure out something and let you guys know what I came up with...

Thanks!

Sparksandchips

You probably have either the 10.25" or sterling 10.5", either floating or semi, which makes it easier because you can unbolt it (no c-clips).

Anyhoo usually axle work calls for a press and maybe heat to get those bearings off/on.

Besides that I find a local off road or custom shop that is reputably savvy, and pick some brains... maybe take em a case of beer or a dozen donuts for the time and knowledge.

At my local mom and pop moto shop, Im "that guy" lol: choppin it up w/ the owner in the office, roaming around the work shop picking mechanics brains...But they tolerate me (I think lol) because I buy stuff and bring gifts, and never linger too long.

Anyways good luck bub

Anyways good luck bub

Anyways good luck bub

Anyways good luck bub

Anyways good luck bub
Hello to all,

I just joined up and am looking for a guru on 1995 F250 rear axle seals. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Sparksandchips

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
try giving these guys a shout. they cover all models of Ford trucks.

in the meantime, test drive a Ranger :icon_thumby:

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
skyjacker front leveling kit
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Crossed threads are tight threads.
Is it parts scarcity? Or variable part numbers for the same truck? If its the latter, try looking up parts using the VIN number, or axle code.

Other than that try a local brake or axle supply shop...usually they are pretty good at cross referencing stuff. Also if u come across a decent off road fab or frame &alignment shop, Id pick their brains too.

Lastly, an ebay search may work...Ive found some random obscure stuff there from gearhead sellers trying to purge their new old stock.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals