• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New to me 97 4x4 XLT. Bed size qestion.

MojoWorkin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Supercab 4x XLT
Tripping up from the Bay Area to the Pacific Northwest to pick up my first Ranger tomorrow. Well, I get it on Sunday, but the roadtrip starts tomorrow. Anyhow, I don't know these trucks too well. Can someone eyeball these pics and tell me if that's a standard bed or what? I want to start hunting for a camper shell. Maybe pick one up for cheap on my way home. (Anybody?)

Bed seems short in the profile shot. Seller says that's a 6" lift?

Attachments

mtnrgr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
6" Skyjacker, with 1.5" coil spacers, custom radius arms, custom traction bars
Tire Size
31x10.50
My credo
Lord God is my guardian
You mentioned standard bed, if your in reference to a long or short bed..this ranger has a short bed. All extra cab rangers only had short bed available. Standard cab rangers had the option of either long or short bed.

Or if your reference to standard or step side bed.. standard or style side bed is what this ranger has..by the way 93-97 is my favorite body style of the ranger.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals