• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New to Bronco II, lots of questions

Spede Demn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'85
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
best thing you can do with a 2.8 is the Durospark conversion... thats a fairly simple process and it allows you to delete all the polution control crap, the result is a very basic reliable system with a small increase in usable HP. Cost is around $700 if you use all new parts and the instructions are available here in the tech section.

4x4prepper

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I converted my 1985 to points with a rebuilt 2100 carb. Then because I was towing and it suffered from pinging at high rpms under load, I converted to duraspark. My 4x4 has a 5 speed Fm-145 transmission. If you are swapping to a manual transmission, upgrade to the 4.0L clutch setup. It holds better parked on a hill.

Gonchar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
275/65R15
My credo
Everything happens for a reason
I replaced the voltage regulator in mine and it actually ran a little smoother. Didn't chug as much while accelerating and kinda got rid of the twitching/jerking it'd do at idle

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals