• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New parts on!

Donthekawguy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Except for my fuel line set back I got some new stuff put on. First project was the shackles for the rear leafs. Half a can of penetrating spray, 3 hours with a torch and a lot of cussing I got the bolts out and the shackles on. Then it was time for the new hitch. I didnt have my kids around to help so lifting the bumper and the hitch into position was an adventure but I got it. I had to heat the bumper bracket bolts to get them loose so I could turn them around for a little more room. Then the new running boards. Nothing like trying to squint hard enough to keep sand and rust chunks out of your eyes. Didnt work. But I got them on. Then I finished descaling the frame and got it painted. Another fun job is laying on your back painting over your head. Now I wait for the new shocks, torsion bar keys and wheels. After I figure out the fuel pump I should have it all done by next weekend and back on the road.

Attachments

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
Congratulations on your accomplishments.

Nothing like trying to squint hard enough to keep sand and rust chunks out of your eyes. Didnt work.
By the way. They make these things called face shields. They keep falling/ flying debris out of your eyes. Not very glamorous. But much nicer and cheaper than visits to the emergency room, eye damage and blindness. If you ever see or talk to anybody with eye injuries, you'll be convinced. The safety traning videos are pretty convincing, too. Don't think it can't happen to you.

Donthekawguy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Congratulations on your accomplishments.

By the way. They make these things called face shields. They keep falling/ flying debris out of your eyes. Not very glamorous. But much nicer and cheaper than visits to the emergency room, eye damage and blindness. If you ever see or talk to anybody with eye injuries, you'll be convinced. The safety traning videos are pretty convincing, too. Don't think it can't happen to you.
BTW had eye protection on and thanks for speaking to me like I'm an idiot.

rumblecloud

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Splash
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1-1/2 inch front leveling
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
P235/75R15
My credo
What's the worst that could happen?
Truck is looking good Don!
I wear safety glasses most of the time when I'm under the truck, but I have to admit, a close fitting shield sounds good. Even with glasses, crap still gets in your eyes.

(I don't think Eric was being critical - sarcastic, yes - but critical, nah. He's a fun-loving guy)

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.

Donthekawguy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Thats ok. I think I was having a heavy flow day and was feeling sensitive. lol

Kira

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger FX4
Transmission
Automatic
Just an observation regarding eye protection.
Masks for underwater use range from children's play-toys to professional scuba gear. We all know this.
Good masks come in many "forms" by which I mean the contours necessary to closely fit the wearer's face.
So, why is eye protection all $3 junk?
The frustration is greater if you wear eyeglasses. Many examples don't even fit over 'em.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad