• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New old member checking in... It has been quite a LONG time.

John97

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Nissan Titan XD
Engine Size
5.6 Endurance V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
265-60-20
Hi all. I was around way, way, way back in the day (20 years ago?) on the old fordranger.com site and later TRS. I went on many trail rides in the NJ Pine Barrens and made a trip out to Wellsville, OH once. Not sure if there's anyone still around who remembers me. I had a maroon over grey '97 supercab with a 4.0, automatic, 31's, an Auburn posi, JBA headers, and Borla exhaust.

Today, I drive a 2018 Nissan Titan XD 4x4. I briefly considered buying a new Ranger when I began truck shopping, but I just couldn't bring myself to put that much faith in the ecoboost 4-banger.

I just figured I'd say hi, as I've lurked here for a while.

Oxxon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Hello and welcome back to TRS!!

Bgunner

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/Ranger XLT
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
225/70/R15
My credo
If it's not broken Don't Fix It!
Welcome back, We have a Nissan Titan local that was wrapped in a lightning theme from day one here where I live and it has weathered quite well with being lifted and wrapped. I understand the hesitance on the ecoboost's but as long as you can maintain them, as ford says to, there seems to be good life in those motors. They seem to like the theory of do all services as recommended or shortly before other than if you go over it seems to limits there life cycle.

John97

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Nissan Titan XD
Engine Size
5.6 Endurance V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
265-60-20
Thanks. I ended up with the Titan XD quite frankly because I got a better deal on it than I could get on either a Tacoma or Tundra.

I will say that the upcoming Bronco is interesting... Perhaps if the EB 2.3 ends up having a good track record, maybe we'd end up with one. My wife had two Broncos in the past, so it wouldn't be a hard sell...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals