• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

new member/ raglan question

gerryw

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Greetings from Oshawa, i have a 2010 sport 4x4 5 speed (love it)
Now i know about the Pits being private property, but what about the roads in and around the pits "unassumed roads" as the signs say?
I just want to go exploring on these roads, is that legal?
Thanks
Gerry:icon_cheers:

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Um, well I don't know where Oshawa is ( Canada? ), but where I live it would be fine as long as you arnt tearing stuff up.

K.Strong

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
Ontario I believe? I second the should be good as long as you don't tear it up. But you could always call the local town cops and ask them if it's ok.

gerryw

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the responses, i think i will give the cops a call, or drop by (Tim Hortons is very close LOL)

Gerry:icon_cheers:

red_ranger93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i live by you and seen somethin about the raglan pits on another forum the guys were havin people out there but it would be best to check with the cops now a days

kris97ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 7.3 litre
Transmission
Automatic
ive been on alot of un assumed roads that were mud trails in reality. as in 30 ft long pits and 4-5 ft deep i think if its un assumed it doesnt matter but i think you may not have insurance same as a closed road but they cant stop you from using it. its just use at own risk

mudflies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Transmission
Manual
Hi...I live in the shwa too and have been to Raglan many times...Ok, here is my understanding of that area...The pit itself are private property.I have seen and spoken to the police out there a few times.If they catch you in the pit its trespassing.The roads around there however ARE considered roads and you can drive on em as much as you want as long as you have insurance and a license.I have spent many hours exploring the unassumed roads out there and there are some challenging spots out in that area.There are quite a few unassumed roads north and east of shwa all the way out to Ganaraska Forest (which is a nice place to drive through the woods but not very challenging).Hope this helps...Drive safe and have fun

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals