• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New member from Ohio

CbusBii

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hey All,

I am brand new to being a member here but I've used TRS as a resource for a few years now. Over this past summer I sold my '99 Mazda B3000 2WD 4 door supercab which got me through college and then some. I've ALWAYS wanted a Bronco, so I decided to get one and bought a 1988 Bronco II XLT. Yeah, I always wanted a first gen full size, but after doing some research on the BIIs I instantly fell in love! Just the idea of a smaller Bronco that could fit places that larger trucks couldn't, and having the TTB suspension in the front really sold me. Yeah, not being able to go topless sucked a little, but man.. those huge windows in the back with the curved glass at the top was pretty darn cool too. My truck is very much stock right now, I even have the crappy BII problems of saggy rear leaf springs, and the rear tire carrier who's rubber latch insulator has long rotted away, making the tire carrier annoying as all heck. But those aside, its been very well maintained. After a few month of daily driving, I love this thing. Just wish I had more power and def a lift kit and big tires and all those goods ($$$). But most of all, I just want to go off road, but it seems like that can be hard on your truck. Not to be a female reproductive part, but a friend took its old wrangler off road and popped a tire and some other crap happened.. and my other friend with a ranger has a truck that looks like a turd (though he is reckless and doesnt care/is over hard on his truck). I just dont want my almost pristine BII (65k original miles) to look like crap. Is it possible to go off road and not scrape and dent your ride? Its fun all heck, just want to keep the BII lookin good. Anways, I'm glad to finally be an official member.

Jspafford

Logan Andrew Feb 17, 2012
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy 3500HD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
6.6L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5"
Tire Size
35"
Welcome, neighbor. I bought my 1989 B2 in 2001 and still have it. I've had many other vehicles over the years and this one ain't going anywhere for a while!

CbusBii

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hey, thanks for the warm welcome Jspafford! I'm glad to know there's at least one other BII guy on here who's close to columbus :beer:

billpac4u

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Welcome

Hi, CbusBii!

I'm a Ranger guy, but a lot of the issues are the same - more power, suspension upgrades, and keep it nice looking. :)

I think you can do some off-roading without doing serious harm to your BII; just don't do the extreme rock-climbing etc. but trail riding should be a blast. Anyway, glad to have you on board officially!:icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals